whats the difference between a floyd rose tremolo and the tremolos on fender guitars?
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
floyd rose are locking tremelo systems so that ur guitar doesnt go out of tune when u use it
so r most fender tremolos crap?
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
they're made for different things, a floyd is meant to be abused and its popular with metal a fender tremelo can do dive bombs too but its usually used for something more subtle than a floyd but more than a vibrato its used mre in classic rock like jimi and i think theres a zepplin song where page uses his strat
so if i would be doin EVH whammy stuff should i get a floyd? i know thts wat he used
Quote by Seryaph
probably. unless you feel like sticking a locking nut or tuners on your guitar.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
In the early days of Van Halen ...Eddie used a stock Fender tremolo. So don't think that the floyd will answer all the questions. IF you have the cash go for it
Quote by torchwood
In the early days of Van Halen ...Eddie used a stock Fender tremolo. So don't think that the floyd will answer all the questions. IF you have the cash go for it

Yes, but there's still a massive amount of whammy-bar wanking all over it. Floyd would be better.
With a Fender trem, you'll pretty much pull your strings a half step out of tune...

A Floyd allows you to torture your strings and remain perfectly in tune.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!