Page 1 of 2
I heard that he wont let Weird Al do a parody of Stairway to heaven. Is this true? info?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by FloydPink92
laulz

yes the parody would be laulz
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
I heard that he wont let Weird Al do a parody of Stairway to heaven. Is this true? info?

I don't blame him. It's bad enough it gets buchered every day in guitar shops and bedrooms across the world. The songs suffered enough!
Gibson Les Paul Classic w/Stetsbar
Fender MIM Strat w/ EMG DG20 System
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Memory Boy
Maxon OD9
EHX Big Muff
Vox Wah
EHX POG
Quote by pimpslap1236
i wouldnt want to hear stairway get ****ed up like that anyway. its for the best man trust me.

i would, i hate that song
<//////>~
Quote by statopaul_mark
I don't blame him. It's bad enough it gets buchered every day in guitar shops and bedrooms across the world. The songs suffered enough!

+∞
^ what does that mean?
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
i would, i hate that song

It was fine for the first day I started playing, but after I could actually play it decent enough, I realized that I didn't like it...
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
Quote by TheFlammableCow
It was fine for the first day I started playing, but after I could actually play it decent enough, I realized that I didn't like it...

its just gets played over and over

i grew to hate it
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
^ what does that mean?

Plus infinite.
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
Legally, he doesn't have to ask permission, it's just a curtosy thing he does, apparently.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
The title of this thread is 'Damn you jimmy page!'
I really never took the time to put a sentence like that together.
But since you did it for me, I guess I have nothing better to do then totally tell you that you are the most kid on this website. Haza!
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Oh no! They won't allow something related to Stairway to Heaven to be created? T3h horror!
Quote by Embodiment
Oh no! They won't allow something related to Stairway to Heaven to be created? T3h horror!

weird al is funnier than you could ever be

so shut up
<//////>~
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
you have just lost your place in my sig. good day sir

damn you! damn jimmy page! damn everyone!
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
weird al is funnier than you could ever be

so shut up

Of course he is. Weird Al is amazing. It's the anything Led Zeppelin that bothers me. Even a parody of that song would be annoying.
Quote by Embodiment
Of course he is. Weird Al is amazing. It's the anything Led Zeppelin that bothers me. Even a parody of that song would be annoying.

oh i thought you were dising the al

i would listen to it for the jokes

Quote by Slash 602
Weird Al is NOT funny!

yeah but you touch yourself at night so you cant talk
<//////>~
Last edited by myself101 at Feb 6, 2007,
Quote by myself101
oh i thought you were dising the al

i would listen to it for the jokes

Never the Al, no. He can make me laugh for hours.
I wouldn't let Wierd Al touch my songs....No, this is not because I am a Led Zeppelin fan/Jimmy Page fan. Even if I didn't know who Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Page was, I still wouldn't let him...
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Mr. President
Jimmy Page gave Weird Al explicit permission to sample 'Black Dog' in Trapped in the Drive Thru, so I doubt it.

It wasn't a sample, it was Al's studio band.

That aside, I'd be interested in hearing a parody. It would be something different, but I don't know how well it would go.
Quote by SGstriker
I wouldn't let Wierd Al touch my songs....No, this is not because I am a Led Zeppelin fan/Jimmy Page fan. Even if I didn't know who Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Page was, I still wouldn't let him...

why not?
<//////>~
Quote by statopaul_mark

im sure u butchered the shit out of the song when u first played guitar so shut up
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Maybe it's because Page doesn't (or so he claims) like Stairway to Heaven and doesn't want to getting yet more attention, some of it from people who have never even heard of the band?
well..i dont think Wierd Al is funny and its pathetic that he has to use other artist's music to get famous.
Quote by jagstang365
well..i dont think Wierd Al is funny and its pathetic that he has to use other artist's music to get famous.

shut up

just shut up
<//////>~
Quote by jagstang365

You mean like Led Zeppelin?

This is hilarious. A man that has stolen songs wont allow someone to make a parody. Page is whore though so if he gets paid enough he will let it go. He he played the Kashmir sample on Puff Daddy's Godzilla song. If weird al coughs up the dough Page will bend over.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
damn jimmy page.

weird al is awesome.

+1
-[NiL]-
Quote by ParticleManTMBG
You tell him. Al owns! But whats the deal with you and vanilla ice!?^^

just my joke of the day
<//////>~
Page 1 of 2