I just broke like a million strings and always seem to break one all the time when tuning or changing strings. any secrets to preventing this besides me not being an idiot
yeh there is a way to fix that.. but are you too scared to pull ur guitar apart?
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
well for tuning strings, i mean its pretty obvious but dont like furiously turn the knobs and shit, just make sure youre keeping it pretty damn slow............
i'd say the reasons ur strings r breaking is cause of your saddles.. not hard to fix you just gotta take all your strings off and pull your saddles off and sand the inside with some 600 grid sand paper and put the saddle exacually where you got it from.. it's mostly the top 3 you have to do that with cause of the wound.. i did this to my guitar the other day and i have tryed everything to break them to see how much pressure i can put on them but no luck yet
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
^ It might be simpler. It could just be that he isn't leaving enough slack in the strings before turning the machineheads to tune it.