Ok, heres the round up.

I have a Mesa Boogie, Triple Rectifier, and I love it to death. My fellow guitarist in my band wants to get a mesa, and I am always up for a new amp to search out new tones, (I figure own as many different amps now and then when I find ones tone i cant live with out, or if I found one already and everything after it sounded like shit, Ill get that amp and be done) so if he buys it, I will need a new amp. And I want to be ready so I dont waste too much time.

I play mostly originals, but think in the vein of tool, slipknot, stone sour, trivium, bullet for my vallentine, killswitch engage ect ect. Metal people.

So here are my options.

Engl: Obviously powerball comes to mind. Any others I should look at? 4 Cannels seem like a bit much to me, I am rather happy with two.

Bogner: Of course uberschall is on the list. Pros Cons?

VHT: Delivereance 100/60, I llove the idea of these amps, but ahvent been able to personally test one yet.

No one suggest marshall, I will have to kill you, I know they are good, I have tried a ton, I like them, but they arent for me.

My price range is going to be from 1000 USD, to 2000 USD.

I know I need to try them all out personally but Pros. cons of eac one so I can rule out or perhaps know what to expect would be nice. Thanks.

-SgKidd
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
if ur going for that price range, maybe a Vox AC30? but im not sure it would fit ur type of music.
Quote by nik_I
if ur going for that price range, maybe a Vox AC30? but im not sure it would fit ur type of music.

no, it wouldn't in the least.

sounds like you got a lot of the good ones on your list. i had a perfect one for you, maybe it'll come back to me.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
How about a Marshal MG or an AVT??? HA!! Totally kidding....of course the Vetta owns all....HA!! Kidding again....but seriously....spider is where its at. Seriously...ok I take it back, thats not even funny...

If your not SGKIDD ignore this post...its for your own good.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
no, i know what you mean.

and i remembered that amp for a sec, and promptly forgot it before i remembered to remember it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
You've gotme in suspense here man SPIT IT OUT!!!

And Crimson_eve I was totally thinking of an MG It lIkEE ToTaLlY PwNaG3 All ampe ever!!!!!! LOL M+ LMAO hahahAHAHn HAHa !!! yay buTT seCKs for MGGG HAHAHAHAHA ...

^^^ ignore all of that unless of course you are Crimson_eve
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
If you go Engl I'd go with the Blackmore.
Framus Cobra
Mako Dorado (maybe in your price range)
Splawn Quick Rod
VHT but I don't know if the Ultralead is in your price range, the Deliverance is. How about the new SigX___?

And one Marshall but hear me out. Early 70's superlead.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
ok ok Mako? Linkage to it?

Framus Cobra, I forgot to ask about them any info on them?

Also I dont go for signature anyhting, ever. The quick rod is a lower gain amp snt it? and yes the Ultralead is enarly 3000 dollars and im pushing it with 2000..
Mail Goes here.

The best place to find mako info and clips is a search of www.rig-talk.com. A couple guys there own a Dorado and a Makoplex and their clips are sick.

The Quick Rod is pretty much a modded JCM800, but absolute money for tone. The newer ones have better cleans.

www.rocksolidamps.com carries Engl, Splawn, and Framus and has sound clips available.
www.makoamplification.com

Another neat amp I neglected to mention is the Egnator MOD100. Very similar to the Randall RM100 but simply better, you know the kind with the different modules?
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Yes , im looking for an amp with simmilar high gian char. of the Mesa also, like, hhm... I wish you al knew the bands Im into, (local to my area) but mostly darker a simpler the better..
Mail Goes here.

Rivera Knucklehead Reverb?

[Slipknot uses]
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Ok well the cobra is outah my price range. Im looking at the Rivera now, and Frankly thae Mako looks liek the one to me but where can I price one?

Also any imput on the VHT's?
Mail Goes here.

VHT's are amazing amplifiers. I have played through a Pitbull Ultra Lead [120w] and I fell in love. They have a great graphic EQ on the head, which is a great tone shaper. I haven't played the deliverance heads, but they seem to be very nice indeed.

Slipknot used to use VHT Pitbulls before they signed with Rivera.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Ok so basically its down to two amps..

The Mako Dorado, or the VHT deliverance 120

those two are the two best to my ears...
Mail Goes here.

The Ubershall is going to be out of your range, even used. I would look for a used Framus Cobra or Modded 5150.

I think the Ubershall would sound the best too you, but there pricy. One shop here in Minnesota deals them and they sell for $3500. Ive never seen them less than $2500 used. I want one bad but it will have to wait till im done with school. If you can stretch it I would save some dough and try to get a used Uber.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
huh, well the cobras a pretty expensive.

and really like the mako's and theVHT's are tonal bliss... but its all gonna be about a year before it all goes down
Mail Goes here.

You can find deals on the Framus on eBay. I got my 2005 head for $1500 with the fs and Rockcase ATA flightcase. The deals are out there. If you like your TR, you will love the Cobra, at least try one out. It had all the traits I liked about the Rectifer series, without any of the downsides. Can't argue with any of your other choices either though, they all would kick ass depending on your preference.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
haha well i know tone but sadly cant seem to find one!! so none of the downsides? like what? haha I only haveone issue and that is that the Mesa doesnt take FX too well. and frankly I love it to death.

I wouldnt be selling it if it wasnt going to a good home. and I really like that Mako, and the VHT as well cus well its VHT but if the cobra is that good ill try one, Is it a tweaker amp?
Mail Goes here.

yeah, I should have said "IMO". I really like the Recto sound, but there were a couple things that I didn't like about the recto series. Mainly, I had to absolutely crank it to get that really tight punch in the face lowend, without it starting to sounding loose or mushy. I really like a tight percussive bass. There was also a sizzle or fizz on the high end which drove me crazy trying to dial out. Everytime I would get a sound I really liked with the amount of gain I liked, it was a pita getting that fizz out. I would get it how I liked, but it would give me a kazoo like sound on some of the notes which drove me nuts. It also took me way too long to dial in new tones. The Framus is basically plug and play, took 5 minutes to get a tone I wanted.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
nice, well I too have that buzzy sound, also could get it modded by Voodoo amps and get that buzz taken care f (Trace claims he maks it all go away) for around 700...

But ill look into a cobra
Mail Goes here.

Voodoo amps do some great work, but maybe take it to a local tech and you could save some dough getting it modified. Framus amps are nice too though, wish I could afford one.
Actually VooDoo Is local. I live about 35 minutes from Trace's shop. I go see his band "The Melon brohters" At the haunt whenerv they play, jsut about. and Trace and I know eachother, were friends, Its the only place I take an amp to get work done, unless he wont touch them.

Also The mod process is gonna be at the end of the summer, im paying off a les paul and workign one getting EMG's for my SG (unless someone convinces me other wise of course.) and the new amp would be only if my buddy buys the mesa.
Mail Goes here.

Quote by SGKIDD
Actually VooDoo Is local. I live about 35 minutes from Trace's shop. I go see his band "The Melon brohters" At the haunt whenerv they play, jsut about. and Trace and I know eachother, were friends, Its the only place I take an amp to get work done, unless he wont touch them.

Also The mod process is gonna be at the end of the summer, im paying off a les paul and workign one getting EMG's for my SG (unless someone convinces me other wise of course.) and the new amp would be only if my buddy buys the mesa.
I have a ZW EMG set if you'd like to buy used But to be honest, I'd recommend the BKPS, I know it's like an extra 100 bucks, but they are worth it.
well actually I dont want to buy used, Im also already ready to order and the BK seem nice but perosnally I know EMG's are gonna give me the sound I want, and the BK's i have never heard... so its really a matter of knowing what im buying.
Mail Goes here.

Quote by Mudder
If you go Engl I'd go with the Blackmore.
Framus Cobra
Mako Dorado (maybe in your price range)
Splawn Quick Rod
VHT but I don't know if the Ultralead is in your price range, the Deliverance is. How about the new SigX___?

And one Marshall but hear me out. Early 70's superlead.

+1 on the blackmore, but if you mainly/mostly play metal, the powerball kicks ass too.

at that type of price, it's mainly preference, unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hhmmm well that mako is insane. And Im looking for simplicity, but I guess 4 channels isnt so bad as long as its not a tweaker amp.
Mail Goes here.

supposedly the engl powerball doesnt cut thru that well so there is a con but it is a versatile high gain amp. the bogner is awesome but expensive. the vht's are great but they do sound very different from other high gain amps. wait for the sig x to come out, it might be a good fit for you. framus cobra might be a good choice as some have suggested. idk if you want another mesa but the mark iv is quite different from the rectos and in your price range. diezel amps are good too but not sure if they are in your price range. splawn quickrods are real nifty but i dk how heavy they can get.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
^^ i looked at quick rods, and Im waiting for a reply on an email as to how dense and thick the dist is.

also the VHT tone is one of my favs, so raw sounding.
Mail Goes here.

Mark IV, Powerball.

Or you could go rack and get a Mesa Triaxis and 20/20?
Quest for "the tone": pending.
Quote by kanamvar32
supposedly the engl powerball doesnt cut thru that well so there is a con but it is a versatile high gain amp. the bogner is awesome but expensive. the vht's are great but they do sound very different from other high gain amps. wait for the sig x to come out, it might be a good fit for you. framus cobra might be a good choice as some have suggested. idk if you want another mesa but the mark iv is quite different from the rectos and in your price range. diezel amps are good too but not sure if they are in your price range. splawn quickrods are real nifty but i dk how heavy they can get.

a lot of people say the powerball does cut through. and some say it doesn't. I dunno, I haven't gigged with it. But by saying "supposedly", that sounds like hearsay, so I want to point out that there's plenty of hearsay that says that it does cut through.

oh, and my savage se sounds a little bit like a vht, IMO.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?