Allright, I have a Schecter Gryphon that I'm using through a Line 6 Spider 2 30. I don't want to buy a new amp (I know, nobody likes these amps) and I want a punchier sound.

I play hard rock and metal, and I want pickups that will have a good drive and some nice cleans. My limit is 200$

On a side note:
Will new pickups change my sound that much? (be completely honest)
Also, how are Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadsters? Are they good for 650$?

Thanks for your time, and I hope that wasn't too hard to understand
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
pups really wont do much to ur sound they will change it some but since ur amp is a modeling amp their effect will be even less then with a normal amp if u want a better sound ur best bet is a new amp sry i no u didnt want that but u can give the pups a try get like dimarzio evolutions or a dsonic in ur bridge and super distortion in the neck
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
First, if you know someone selling a dual rec roadster you should give me their contact info so I can, uh, give them a stern talking to.

Second, if you want to add some punch to your sound you could try a Dimarzio Drop Sonic and install it with the bar magnet toward the bridge. I'd go with an Air Norton in the neck. Total for both pickup is under $175 from MF.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
^^ Christ almighty, use some punctuation, man.

Dimarzios are your best bet for a "punch" kind of sound, imo. Seymour Duncans are more classic hard rock pickups - great pickups, but even their "progressive" pickups aren't quite as hip as the Dimarzio models.
no
where the FVCK are you gonna get that ampe that cheap?
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Quote by bucky_2300
^^ Christ almighty, use some punctuation, man.

Dimarzios are your best bet for a "punch" kind of sound, imo. Seymour Duncans are more classic hard rock pickups - great pickups, but even their "progressive" pickups aren't quite as hip as the Dimarzio models.

this is coming from a guy that says led zeppelin sucks.
The amp is at a store by me called Sam Ash (yep, a store!). I think I got the response that I excepted from you guys, and thanks for the help.

Also, does Guitar Center buy used pedals (they're in really good condition, if that makes a difference)
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
GC will buy used pedals but you'd be better off looking for love in San Quentin.
Get the Mesa, it would improve your sound so many times more than new pickups will.

Unless you're talking about on top of the amp change, in which case I would recommend Lace Sensor Drop & Gains. Supposedly one of the best passive 'metal' pickups on the market.
^good pickups, but i've heard the JB can get trebly (could fix with some EQ) but i just wouldn't use those for more "punch" in your sound.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Quote by KGsoloman5000
this is coming from a guy that says led zeppelin sucks.

Right. Because not liking Led Zeppelin means I cannot express opinions on pickups. I'm not even sure what the hell you were trying to get at with that statement - are you a defender of Seymour Duncan's manufacture of punchy sounding pickups, of Led Zeppelin, or both?

Quote by A7XRemenissions
^good pickups, but i've heard the JB can get trebly (could fix with some EQ) but i just wouldn't use those for more "punch" in your sound.

Exactly. I have a JB in the bridge of my Les Paul - it's high-output and an outright screamer, but it really lacks that midrange whump that Dimarzio has in a lot of their models. It does get quite treble-heavy, and while EQing does help, it can't really alter the inherent tone of the pickup.
no
Quote by CustomCustom
The Duncan Distortion bridge and neck set is $120 from MF and sound great distorted

I'm dissapointed you didn't recommend your namesake, custom custom bridge/'59 neck.
Dimarzio Tone Zone & Breed are both punchy, albeit in different ways, but they aren't going to make much, if any difference through a Spider. If things aren't punchy enough just turn up the mids, which is often a big part of what you end up doing when you change pickups anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com