i didnt get much help in guitar gear, so i'll post it here:
yo whats up guys, i need a new amp, definitely a tube, in the >$1000 range. i play a lot of stuff like chevelle, breaking benjamin, sevendust, all tha heavy downtuned shit, but i also like to play stuff like pantera and heavy stuff. i love mesas, i played on one and that tone was perfect, but i dont think i can afford one. i need at least two channels, and three would be perfect. any amp new or used would be a good suggestion. thanks!
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
You can afford a used MkIII. They sell all day for under $1k. Why bother with anything else?
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
My guitar teacher has Marshall JCM 2000, and thats around 2 grand and he plays everything from Blues to Metal. Mebe a Marshall JCM series amp for you? I'm pretty sure they are tube.
Bogner heads are really nice but really expensive. Krank Revolution heads have a really nice tone. I love my Mesa Dual Rec, would recommend that as well.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
just my opinion, i would save my money until i could afford a mesa boogie triple rectifier and i wouldnt settle for anything else. most of those bands you listed use them...if you have a 4x12 cabinet its gonna cost you about 1,800 for a triple rectifier head...u might get a used one for around 1,400...if you dont have a good cabinet then you are lookin at alot more than that
Quote by MentalE
just my opinion, i would save my money until i could afford a mesa boogie triple rectifier and i wouldnt settle for anything else. most of those bands you listed use them...if you have a 4x12 cabinet its gonna cost you about 1,800 for a triple rectifier head...u might get a used one for around 1,400...if you dont have a good cabinet then you are lookin at alot more than that

the dual recto can do the job believe me,