i havent heard much but from what ive heard i liked

ill have to listen to more

i dont know alot of bands remind me of stuff im not sure good stuff though
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
Last edited by stagasarus8 at Feb 8, 2007,
I know the Boils.
Dey's really nice guys from Philly.

They do that Oi!/Street Punk thang.
They're on TKO Recods now.

Here's a fun fact about them.....
The song "The Orange & The Black" by Philadelphia's the Boils has apparently become a recognized anthem of sorts for the band's local NHL franchise the Philadelphia Flyers. Frontman Greg Boil reportedly announced this morning on a local radio station that the song will be played after every Flyers win for the rest of the season and playoffs.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
http://www.myspace.com/theboils

I don't think their myspace is really a good representation, though. It would give me the impression that they are crappier than they are, except I've already heard some better junk of theirs.
Last edited by RyanEck at Feb 8, 2007,
Quote by johnnynemo
Dey's really nice guys from Philly.

thats awsome i didnt know they were from philly

id like to see them live
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
The Boils started out on Creep Records (dunno if that's still around).
Then they got on a Hellcat Comp, and now it's onto TKO.

One of the guys in the band was involved with another Philly band called 2.5 Children.
They played Oi!/Street Punk stuff, some of which was reallly funny and smart.

Unfortunately, this was before Green Day and the whole punk explosion, so they got burned out on playing shows for 20 people and went "crustaceous."
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

The Boils are kick ass. I only have 1 cd of theirs tho. From the bleachers. Great album.
I like other TKO bands as well. Even tho Philly is a rival city from where I am from, these guys would get a great reception.
they are a pretty good band...
but as far as american 0i! or street punk, no one touches
the templars
Quote by BrianApocalypse
^ they turned into crabs? wtf?

ps.) please eludicate

As in..... 2.5 Children went from playing Oi! and Street Punk to playing grindcore and crust.
From mohicans to dreadhicans, as it were.
Quote by sargasm

Quote by meltinjohn
I only have 1 cd of theirs tho. From the bleachers. Great album.

ive been listening to alot of them lately and i think i might get that album once i scrape up another 5 bucks
Quote by waterproofpie

UG's Premiere Dancelete