Ok, so upon watching the movie, the original with Gene Wilder, I think thats his name, I noticed something erie about the move. It just seems wierd. It feels as if it has some type of message behind it, a more deep message than what is already present. Oompa Loompas? Giant Geese that lay Golden eggs? the ending where his whol office is in half? there is just this certain enigmatic feeling i get everytime I watch it, I mean not only is a good movie in my opinion, but I swear there is some type of hidden message behind it, subliminal if you will, its just wierd. I dont know, I might be thinking to much, but let me get your insight on the movie.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
wow, i was thinking the same exact thing on the way home from school today...[to thread starter]
Were you stoned when you watched it? I'm pretty sure Roald Dahl didn't have a hidden message, he just liked writing weird stuff.
When I think about it i get the same feeling, i think that movie is a "what goes around comes around" movie, and how no matter what you get what you deserve.
Don't be a spoiled bad kid and get get a candy factory for free.
Duh.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by Supern00b
wow, i was thinking the same exact thing on the way home from school today...[to thread starter]

so when do we have sex cause you know thats the law.... even if your a dude you saw that snickers commercial its perfectly normal...hahahaha just kidding

but now that i think about there are alot of great one liners in the movie, "we are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dream" it just sounds kick ass and the songs are awesome.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
Well the themes seem to be hope, wonder and respect/behaving as a kid and not spoiling your kid as an adult. I don't know if that helps.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

yeah i know what you mean i get the same feeling watching alice in wonderland lol but i love both movies..
To me it was: Don't a little bitch.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I always love to look at that movie as a bunch of symbolism.

Such as at the near end, just as Charlie wins, he is in the room with Wonka where everything is half of what it should be.

This symbolizes Wonkas predicament between his pessmistic angry side, and his optimistic kind side. This almost might be symbolizing the fact that the story is only half over, Roald Dahl wrote a fantastic sequel that was never made into a movie called "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator."

Brilliant movie.
Well basically Willy is a huge stoner and randomly decided to buy a chocolate factory coz he had the munchies!
Holy necro, batman!
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Quote by schecter_guy
actually it's saying "this movie is based on a children's book"

This, an absolutely fantastic children's book.

Edit: ^ Holy shit! Did not notice that!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
one time, i was hanging with a friend of mine, and we decided that Willy Wonka is a schizophrenic. it makes sense: he randomly bursts into song, his factory and office are poorly organized, he is quite delusional (believing in imaginary countries and creatures), and he is emotionally unaffected by the children being in grave danger.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Have you ever read any of Roald Dahl's books?

The guy has written about:

- a couple of insane people who basically rage themselves to death
- a secret order of witches who think children smell like shit and devise a plan to turn every child in the world into a mouse
- a book about a girl in an abusive family who doesn't even know her name and who sends her to school a year too late where she discovers that due to her over-average intelligence and its lack of stimulation she is able to push "tiny little hands" out of her eyes to move objects and end the tyrannical reign of the headmastress and avenge the murder of the headmastress' murder on her teacher's father. She is then promoted to a higher grade where supposedly the hands that come out of her eyes are too busy processing knowledge of a single grade above her that she loses all of her powers. Yes, because those of us who have skipped grades all remember our magical hands that came out of our eyes when we were feeling understimulated.
- a movie about an insane factory owner who has hired 3rd world country workers and is giving out tickets in such a fashion that they can only be found by children - despite the bars containing the tickets supposedly being given out at random. That means that the owners of every store that had a wonka bar with a golden ticket was in on the whole scheme and either wonka was informed of regular purchasers of wonka bars, or it was left to the shop-keepers themselves to decide which children were worthy of being given a chance at wonka's contest.

Roald Dahl was just one fucked up dude, man.
I haven't seen that movie in so long. But it's fun to try to find meaning in seemingly harmless children's books/movies. Apparently the Wizard of Oz is a political allegory for turn of the century America.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
I haven't seen that movie in so long. But it's fun to try to find meaning in seemingly harmless children's books

There is nothing harmless about any of Roald Dahl's books. Refer to my previous post for details.
Quote by CoreysMonster
There is nothing harmless about any of Roald Dahl's books. Refer to my previous post for details.

I didn't see that until after I posted... yeah, sounds like he was pretty ƒucked up.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Oh, and I completely forgot about James and the Giant Peach:

A book about a young boy whose parents are killed by a rhinoceros and who is taken care of by his abusive aunts who beat him and force him to work for them until he one day he spills some magic powder on a peach, which grows to a gigantic size, as well as all of the insects that live inside it. He then rolls the giant peach off of the farm, kills his aunts and rides in this peach through the atlantic ocean through many fucked up adventures until he ends up in New York, where the pit of the peach ends up in Central Park where he happily lives his days with his family of giant insects.

And for some reason, when I read this book as a kid, I thought it was perfectly normal.
Quote by andrewphanley
Well basically Willy is a huge stoner and randomly decided to buy a chocolate factory coz he had the munchies!

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Check dates!
Quote by CoreysMonster

A book about a young boy whose parents are killed by a rhinoceros and who is taken care of by his abusive aunts who beat him and force him to work for them until he one day he spills some magic powder on a peach, which grows to a gigantic size, as well as all of the insects that live inside it. He then rolls the giant peach off of the farm, kills his aunts and rides in this peach through the atlantic ocean through many fucked up adventures until he ends up in New York, where the pit of the peach ends up in Central Park where he happily lives his days with his family of giant insects.

And for some reason, when I read this book as a kid, I thought it was perfectly normal.

I loved that movie though
Quote by TEK34
Everything Roald Dahl wrote was unquestionably amazing. Even if the subjects are a bit odd.

That's like saying Edgar Allen Poe was a tiny bit dark.
As with everything in life, it all comes down to sex.
It's about self-indulgence, specifically masturbation, and maybe discovering it.
'Willy Wonka' - Do I have to explain that? (Willy Wanker?)
'Chocolate Factory' - Imagine a boy in Charlies situation...And imagine how good masturbation would be to him, it'd be like going to.... A chocolate factory.
Or maybe the chocolate factory is the object of his desires? Maybe a school girl he has feelings for?
Edit: So we're left with 'The Willy Wanker and the School Girl'.
Last edited by Mudmen190 at Mar 12, 2011,
It's not that hard to figure out. All the other kids were bad, and didn't keep their promise to Mr. Wonka and gave the bad guy the Everlasting Gobstoppers, where as Charlie didn't. Because of this, Charlie won the grand prize.

Also, Charlie had been a good boy his whole life. He finds the golden ticket.

Good things come to those who are good people.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
What the hell, necro-bump.

What possibly made you search for this thread o_O

wtf didn't notice that at all, my bad.

Although... it's not like now that this thread is bumped that there is any reason to lock it if people want to talk about willy wonka and Roald Dahl, it's not like these were new topics when the thread was made, anyways

I'd suggest just leaving this open, since it's obviously getting quite the discussion out of it, regardless of its age.
Quote by CoreysMonster
That's like saying Edgar Allen Poe was a tiny bit dark.

Poe was a bit dark. A little sinister in parts.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Me too!

I really liked that book, but in retrospect, it's pretty fucked up.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
http://www.holyducttape.com/tomservo/wonka.html
You're not the only one...

PS, this is probably a joke analysis
██████████████████████████████
Actually, Gene Wilder's Wonka is symbolic of the devil. The movie was intended to teach kids a lesson by means of total fear. The tale is much like the tale of Hansel and Grettel and Ring around the Rosy. Both of which "subliminally" speak of dark topics such as cannibalism and plague.
It's obviously based on a pedo. And it's my #1 alltime favourite childhood film. Wonder what that says about me
this thread has been necrobumped twice now... just let it die...
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+