a long long while ago i bought a fender stratocaster, usa made for about 1200, then put 200 fender noiseless pickups in.

the color can't be original, its a silver base then faded into black in the center portion of the front and back. the black paint has a metallic sheen to it, and the whole paint is a very good job.

i've only changed the plates and pickups on it, the plates are now black from the old white. which was more of a faded or aged looking white, but like really aged and not just made to look like it is. which made me think it was older.

it has the frosted metal tuning knobs, and the nut is also this metal, which is strange from the usually white or plastic looking ones i see. but im no expert and have no idea.

the bridge is a glossy, sort of chrome or polished metal while the springed parts of the bridge that actually touch the strings are the same frosted metal like before.
the input jack is chrome ish as well.

the neck and head are a lighter wood and the truss rod, i guess its called, is a darker wood. but, both of them, i don't know if its the wood or just oil have a sort of luminosity sort of like koa wood, but its not a lot

the strap pegs both the upper and lower seemed to of been ripped out at a time, and replaced only about a centimeter away from the old spots, and the old holes look to be filled in with apoxy,

any help giving me some information on this would be appreciated. this is my first guitar, though i have a few others now, i just always wondered about this one.

ill get some pictures in a second.
- Logan
can u provide some pics that would help alot more
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
Silverburst, maple neck & board w/ skunk stripe, LSR nut

that's all I got
how many frets?

edit:and whats the serial number? i can tell you the year it was made...its on the back of the headstock
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
alright, gimme one sec uploading pics onto computer.

thanks for the help guys

and if it's like any serial number i'd rather not post that on the internet
oh and serial number is on the front of the headstock, and its 22 fret
- Logan
Last edited by logan9967 at Feb 6, 2007,
there isnt anything, anyone can do with ur serial number if u post it.

but anyway, if its a fender, and u go to fender.com then click on resources, u can look up the year and other bits of info.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
- Logan
the only thing thats doubting me is there are a few things unfenderstrat about it
like on the neck plate there is no engraving of fender or anything usually there is, the nut i have never seen that kind on any fender and theres no string trees.

no one can do anything with ur serial # stop being affriad its not like we can steal ur guitars identity with it the serial # is just something the factory puts on it it tells them the date it was made,model,etc..
my gear:
gibson sg standard
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
looks like a frankenstein strat. someone took it apart and redid some things.

the back neck plate deont say fender.
the neck looks maple with an unsual nut and tuners.
maybe a homemade faded paint job. hard to tell from that pic. but looked a little sloppy.

EDIT: yep^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

lol, just making sure about the serial number.

and, thats what i thought and had me puzzled. did someone or could someone change those and do they sell it factory ever like that.

still wondering what kind it is. if anyone has an idea
- Logan
yea those things are easy to swap out. did u really pay a grand for this guitar?

whats the first few letters in the number?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

from what I see I cant tell, and stop being paranoid about the serial number, you own that guitar theres no way people can steal it, with just a serial number
yea u can swap anything on a guitar out except the body very easily if u no wat ur doing
my gear:
gibson sg standard
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
i forget the price, it was long ago and id have to dig for the receipt, but it was defiently 800-1200.

and alright no more serial number phobia, its N2 70309

up close the paints looks like a good job, it was a small camera, and the guitar wasnt really cleaned before i took the pic. but i do think its homemade

i could pop off the cover and check the inside, i havent done that for a very long while as well. almost since i bought the guitar when it had pickup trouble and i got the new ones, thats when i also put on the black. ever since its been nice and closed, back then i didn't have much interest in where it came from, just wanted to play it.

it is due for a cleaning, so i might tomorrow or somthing

i might have also changed the back plate, when i got it there were those few things i wanted to change and that might of been one of them.
- Logan
That bridge is an American Standard bridge, the Nut I dont recognize, i'm checking the serial code now.
Just checked it, that is an american strat from Corona CA, but thats all it told me. From what I see, thats a 800 dollar guitar at most, without your upgrades.
Ha ha, you hid the serial number, omg! It's not like we're going to be able to steal it anyway. Other than that, I'd say that a few things have been replaced, are you sure that's a Strat body? Someone could have just put a neck on there, there's something iffy, then again, you never know. I like it.