Hello everyone!

I have a slight issue with my bass. Its a Godin 4 active freeway. I use a Traynor
25 watt bass amp (which I think I am going to give back because I dont like it very much...) My problem is with the battery life of my bass. I was playing for an hour and a half yesterday, and today when I went to play the bass running through my amp sounded weak and buzzy. I plugged in my guitar to see if it was my amp that was busted but it worked just fine. This is odd because I just had the battery replaced.

Does this have to do with my bass or amp or is the battery life of any active bass or just my bass really really bad?

Thanks for your help folks!
if you leave any active instrument plugged in while your not playing it will die faster..
Last edited by CKY>YOU at Feb 6, 2007,
^agreed. Do u use any pedals? for some gay reason this makes the batts in the bass die quicker.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
I second both above comments. The more stuff you have plugged into your bass/amp, the faster the battery croaks. Try unplugging everything when you're done.
Stop taking life so seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway.
yeah cky just said it, havent noticed any issues about batteries dying though with pedals
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Plugged in even if the amp is off? I dont see how that would drain the battery power.

Thanks for the info, if anyone has any other suggestion please tell!
Quote by Sezza
Plugged in even if the amp is off? I dont see how that would drain the battery power.

Thanks for the info, if anyone has any other suggestion please tell!

As soon as you plug a patch cord into an active bass, it draws power. I don't know why exactly, but it does. I'm don't think, I KNOW.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yep, once you plug a patch cord in, it completes the circuit in the preamp, and drains the battery. I unplug my basses after I'm done using them, and I get about a year out of my batteries.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Well that says a lot, I usually just leave my bass plugged in with the amp turned off...now I know better.

Thanks UG folk!