I am looking at some guitars for jazz and I was wondering if the telecaster or a stratocaster would best but I also play screamo so something that fits that as well.
:
if your playing Jazz, you don't really want a tele or a strat, but a strat would be more suited for it. If your playing jazz, you want either a hollow body, or a semi hollow body, like an es-335, gretsch maybe, stuff like that.
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes

but it was odd, we didn't have anything overly important stolen

and among the stolen items: Bananas

Quote by Vantage
Some guy stole one of my pants and the plastic bottles.
i'd a SH or HH tele, so tht u can get a nice blues sound but still get a good harder sound
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
get a strat so u can play a lot of things. tele's are more trebly in sound and wouldnt be as versatile, but u can use them anyways :shrugs:

really, unless you specifically want tone of traditional jazz, it doesnt matter what guitar u use. any sound can be used for jazz.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
well just letting you know, a lot of jazz strat players use the strat's brightness to their advantage, something u cant get if u have a humbucker at that one end (unless it's a really high output pickup)

try listening to blues/jazz/rock players (people that encompass all that) like jeff beck, john mclaughlin, or clapton. taht'll give u an idea of how jazzers go about using a strat.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Quote by Isogrifo
if your playing Jazz, you don't really want a tele or a strat, but a strat would be more suited for it. If your playing jazz, you want either a hollow body, or a semi hollow body, like an es-335, gretsch maybe, stuff like that.

You couldnt be farther from the truth. Strats are perfect for jazz. They have a nice bright tone, and are extremely versatile. Most people dont have 3 grand to shell out on a 335.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Strats and Teles would be fine really but if you got the budget why not go for a hollowbody archop. Gretch, Gibson, ETC.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
^depends on your style. playing on a strat requires a different technique/feel compared to an archtop.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Honestly.. get an SH Tele

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0108800821
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0137502306

Theres also
http://www.yamaha.ca/content/guitar/products/electricguitars/PAC1511MS/keyfeatures.jsp

With a neck hum, and a hot rails for heavier stuff.

Neck humbucker, minibucker or P90 is what you want for jazz.. straight up single coils (of the fender strat variety( tend to not be warm enough.
Yeah, if you want the whole Joe Pass or Wes Montgomery tone, Archtops+Flatwounds are the best. But People like John Mclaughlin use strats and strat-style stuff. Just roll off the tone knob and use some flatwounds or heavier strings. For roundwound strings, 12's would be good as they can also do other genres ok.
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Quote by Eggmond
get a lp

Wouldn't that have a bit much bite? I mean, Les Paul had excellent tone on songs like how high the moon with his guitar of the same name but for traditional?
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account