I have been looking at several boost pedals, and want to know if the Seymour Duncan SFX01 Pickup Booster Pedal is any good? Do any of you use this? If not, what boost pedal do you use and would you recommend?
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
BBE boosta Grande. nuff said. I wont go for anyhting else.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
I own the Seymour Pickup Booster and love it. It really is flat EQ. It basically just adds a little more pre gain increasing the volume with out changing the tone ANY. It works better with lower gain as well. I have a JCM 800 and I use a tubescreamer to overdrive it. When im doing that and then try to get a booster with the pickup booster I can't tell as much of a difference as when I'm just using the amp distortion. But yes it is a good pedal if thats what your looking for.
mxr micro amp for that.
but check out stuff from guitarfetish.com man
they got good stuff that adds gain and other things.
cheaper than a pedal too
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
seriously BBE Boosta grande, flat EQ 20 db of boost no colortation, true bypass, wicked cool name and a big blue box
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
If your looking to add oomph to your sound I would say a Maxon OD-808. Adds thickness and tightness. Its the most transparent OD I can think of. I own an OD9 modded to original 808 specs, which is the route I would go since an original 808 is better than the newer reissues. Its just the fact that an original can cost a guy $300+.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
I also Own a TS-9 modded to be VOS to an 808 if hes looking for a clean boost a BBe is the way to go, the TS (or od) adds mid range. it also colors the tone.
Mail Goes here.

Quote by joining_heads
Adds thickness and tightness. Its the most transparent OD I can think of.

If it adds thickness, Eg. mids, then its not transparent. Transparent boost pedals are simply volume boost pedals that just strictly increase your volume, and adds nothing else.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
^Yep.......

One of the most TRANSPARENT CLEAN BOOST from what I've heard is the Modern channel on the Time Machine Boost !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!