ok so i got a crapy 10 wat practise amp..
i dont like it i wanta new one.. but i onli play like in my bedroom
so is it worth gettina new amp?
and what should i be spending if its worth it?
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
so ive been lookin @ a crate gt 212..
its 120 watts
500 bux..
is it a good amp?
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
Just save up and by like a 50 or so watt amp, something loud enough to where if you find a friend that plays drums down the road you can jam and still be heard. Also, if you don't like the sound coming out of your amp most likely it'll discourage you a bit from playing. Just look around for somethign you really like the sound of.. If you can really deal with the sound quality then just keep what you have.. If you plan on guitar being something serious, you should probably invest in something more pleasing to your ears.

EDIT:
The crate is going to be loud as **** and sound pretty bad.
Why not get something good that's less volume?
Do you need 120 watts?

If that's the price range you like. These are a little bit more $
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp?sku=481443

And tube power.

They're called crate for a reason..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-AVT100X-100W-1x12-3Channel-Combo-Amplifier-with-DFX?sku=482629

That's pretty decent as well.
The AVT's are affordable and decent, despite what a billion others on this cite might have to say.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Last edited by think11270 at Feb 7, 2007,
i reccomend the marshall avt 50x...i have it and it's not bad for practicing...50 watts of pure orgasms...kinda pricey though here in italy...oh and don't listen to the marshall bashers..they think that the only option and sane thing to do is to pay 100000000000000000000 $ to have a perfect/flawless/loud enough-to-destroy-the-ears-of-someone-in-japan. oh and mesa boogie is nice if you can afford one..but my pont is that you don't need a multi-milion amp to practice at home. I say that because at the "salaprove"s (that place where you practise with your band" usually have a kick-ass amp in there..
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Fender Custom Telecaster HH Flamed Maple Top

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Digitech Distortion Factory

Pianists F.T.W.
I wouldn't really recommend buying a practice amp when you already have a practice amp (especially when you only play in the bedroom).

Maybe buy a guitarport for your computer or something.

Save up for a good tube amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.