This is pretty pointless but i would just like to tell u guys how hard hard it is to get a decent selection of basses in Australia

I live in Brisbane and am upgrading from my mexican P bass (my baby) to a high end model. Its not to hard to find high end fender P or Jazz basses and their are a few music man out there but they are pretty sparse. But heres the big deal!!!!!!!! I had to drive 18 hours to try a rickenbacker and a warick corvette and the high end Ibanez models.

So next time your in the luxury of your guitar shop trying all the different basses, spare a thought for us Australian Bassists>
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by Charlatan_001
Wow, are you serious about the 18 hours? That's ****ing ridiculous!

Im not messing around i had to drive from brisbane to melbourne (pretty much the length of our east coast)
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

Why didn't you just take a plane? If it was just you, then it would probably be cheaper and it would be MUCH faster. Especially with the price of petrol at the moment...
Yeah I know what you mean, although I dont have to travel quite as far to get to melbourne. Around 8 hours.
You could've... y'know, got a nearby store to see if they could stock some to try them out? Going to Brisbane to Melbourne for that is pretty silly, let alone driving.
YOU FRICKEN DROVE TO MELBOURNE TO TRY OUT A BASS!!!!!!!!!!

thats crazy there's shops in the city (allans music) that should have them
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
YOU FRICKEN DROVE TO MELBOURNE TO TRY OUT A BASS!!!!!!!!!!

thats crazy there's shops in the city (allans music) that should have them

wow you would think i would just drive all the way to melbourne before checking out if our local music stores had them in stock.

hmmmmmmmmm.......... not let me just ponder that....

and no a guitar shop is not going to order in a $2500 bass just for u to try
Quote by Drmckool

Quote by bazz_aaron
wow you would think i would just drive all the way to melbourne before checking out if our local music stores had them in stock.

hmmmmmmmmm.......... not let me just ponder that....

and no a guitar shop is not going to order in a $2500 bass just for u to try

geez, im just saying i have seen places with fenders(high end) so i think they might have what you want....
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
yep and ive tried most of the fenders in brisbane but i said the reason i had to travel was to try the rickenbacker the warick and the high end ibanezs
Quote by Drmckool

yeah, it's a sh!tter living in the arsehole of the nowhere. But, at least you get nice weather for your drive.
Quote by Applehead
yeah, it's a sh!tter living in the arsehole of the nowhere. But, at least you get nice weather for your drive.

lol thats funny cause i live in the 3rd biggest city in Australia so its kinda not in the middle of know where and were in the middle of a massive drought so the whole country looks like a dust bowl

Yep thats right 3rd biggest city and not one rickenbacker
sigh...............
Quote by Drmckool