Page 1 of 2
OK so i am considering emmigrating to america when i turn 21, but i have literally no excuses for getting a green card, i have no family, no job there, and i really cant stand this country, can any of you guys think of reasons to get a green card that doesen't require either of those excuses?

thanks in advance
You're only 16. I'm sure in the next five years you'll have job prospects and qualifications.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I guess you mean immigrate, and i wouldn't call them excuses to get a green card cause it kinda sounds like you've done something wrong.

You'd be better to call them reasons, and say you wanted a job or something.
What country are you in at the moment?
Quote by Tranx
I guess you mean immigrate, and i wouldn't call them excuses to get a green card cause it kinda sounds like you've done something wrong.

You'd be better to call them reasons, and say you wanted a job or something.
What country are you in at the moment?

No, he means emmigrate.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
If the US is anything like the UK, pretend to be Polish and they'll give you a job, a council house and benefits.
Quote by JDawg
Why don't you just walk across the border like everyone else does?

Last I checked there isn't a border between the US and the UK. Only one man can walk on water.
Quote by JDawg
Umm.. ok.

Go ahead, check out a world map. There's more than one continent on Earth, as hard as it is to believe.
Come on man, Im on my 24 hour with no sleep, I wasnt thinking. I mean... The US does have its borders wide open was the basicly the point I was making.

Technicaly speaking I guess you do have to cross a border to get into the US from the UK.... even if its seperated by a gigantic pond.
I live in this shit hole we like to call England, ive been researching it and my only options are having family in the US (which i dont), working for a company that requires me to live in the US to do it (which i dont, and doubt i will) or investing money (which i also doubt ill ever do)
Quote by andyscoot
I live in this shit hole we like to call England, ive been researching it and my only options are having family in the US (which i dont), working for a company that requires me to live in the US to do it (which i dont, and doubt i will) or investing money (which i also doubt ill ever do)

Come live in Cambridge, and I'll love you longtime.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Come live in Cambridge, and I'll love you longtime.

lol, thanks but no thanks the reason im off school right now is the reason i want to leave, im off school due to beatings by chavs, and im pretty sure theres cavs everywhere in britain, and i cant stand them
Quote by andyscoot
lol, thanks but no thanks the reason im off school right now is the reason i want to leave, im off school due to beatings by chavs, and im pretty sure theres cavs everywhere in britain, and i cant stand them

They're pretty much everywhere, I have to live with one! 12 years old with an ASBO. Tut tut... I used to get beaten up in school every day by this massive black kid. The fact that I'm only 5'10 and built like a weed didn't help.

Part and parcel of being British.
Not in Scotland. We have neds.

Luckilly there were very few neds at my school. We all just got on with things.
Terms and Conditions apply.
you do realise that there are Chav type people everywhere in the world. the US call theirs Wiggers I believe. The difference is that over there its easier to get hold of a gun. Chavs who act hard and use a baseball bat, or wiggers with guns?

What I'm trying to say is that moving to America wont help. The Chavs will just have a different label and a different accent.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by andyscoot
OK so i am considering emmigrating to america when i turn 21, but i have literally no excuses for getting a green card, i have no family, no job there, and i really cant stand this country, can any of you guys think of reasons to get a green card that doesen't require either of those excuses?

thanks in advance

You bloody traitor!
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
There's a severe weather warning for tonight, too- heavy snowfall. I find that heavy snow brings out the best in Britain. It covers up all the shite and camoflages the chavs. Ah, lovely.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you do realise that there are Chav type people everywhere in the world. the US call theirs Wiggers I believe. The difference is that over there its easier to get hold of a gun. Chavs who act hard and use a baseball bat, or wiggers with guns?

What I'm trying to say is that moving to America wont help. The Chavs will just have a different label and a different accent.

i realise that and agree with you totally, but i also think my quality of life over there will be much better thn it will be here, but i need people to answer my question, are there any other ways, i found out that if you go over and marry someone, your eligable, but im not one to take advantage of a girl
Quote by andyscoot

They aren't everywhere. They just seem to be mostly 'Up North'.
A friend of mine went to London and said they didn't see any. Same with Cornwall etc.
Seriously, its more or less as Northern thing. Anwhere past Peterborough is infested.

EDIT:
Quote by andyscoot
i realise that and agree with you totally, but i also think my quality of life over there will be much better thn it will be here, but i need people to answer my question, are there any other ways, i found out that if you go over and marry someone, your eligable, but im not one to take advantage of a girl

Just a few questions for you.
Why America? I mean if you're going to Emmigrate, at least make it somehwere worth while. People were moving to America in the late 20's and 30's for a 'better way of life'. Nowadays, all large 1st world coutnries have the same problems. Moving to the US solves nothing.
Secondly, there are loads of nice places in England 'Chav' free and produce a better way of life also. I mean, I can understand what you mean. Its Manchester. Its like Hell V 2.0. But seriously, you dont have to move country. It probably would be better (and cheaper!) to move out of the area.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Last edited by Demonbreed at Feb 7, 2007,
Quote by Demonbreed
They aren't everywhere. They just seem to be mostly 'Up North'.
A friend of mine went to London and said they didn't see any. Same with Cornwall etc.
Seriously, its more or less as Northern thing. Anwhere past Peterborough is infested.

its not just chavs that are the reason, but its one of the main reasons in my head right now, and last time i checked, manchester is north, hell, im almost in cumbria, how north can you get

i just hate this country, its people, its weather, its attitude.
i have been to america several times and i have to say its virtually the opposite, the people are nice, the weather is great (i was in florida during hurricane wilma and it didnt put me off) , it just think its a great country
go to uni get a decent degree, get a masters and apply under EB2 category. It's a long process and most people who apply dont get one but if you're set on it. You're gonna have to work for it

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Why don't you move Canada or a better country than America? Theres loads.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
sorry to sound like a jerk, but, could people try to answer the question please

thanks
Quote by Jakeylee111
Why don't you move Canada or a better country than America? Theres loads.

doesnt canada require the same to get into america??
Quote by andyscoot

its a commonwealth realm so it may be easier to get in seeing as you're british.

Quote by element4433
Quote by andyscoot

Lol. You're probably right.

EDIT: I know what you mean as well, i'm just hoping i can win the lottery and then get the hell outta this shithole.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Jakeylee111
Lol. You're probably right.

EDIT: I know what you mean as well, i'm just hoping i can win the lottery and then get the hell outta this shithole.

now ive resorted to cinsidering the green card lottery *sigh* its my only option to get out of here to be perfectly honest, and winning the lottery wont help you emmigrate

EDIT: never mind, people from the UK arent eligable for the green card lottery
Last edited by andyscoot at Feb 7, 2007,
Quote by andyscoot
now ive resorted to cinsidering the green card lottery *sigh* its my only option to get out of here to be perfectly honest, and winning the lottery wont help you emmigrate

You don't think money would help buy a house, etc in another country?
And for bribes as well.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by Jakeylee111
You don't think money would help buy a house, etc in another country?
And for bribes as well.

of course it will, but its getting into that country to live in thats the problem, i have ooptions that i can think of, and i need to find some, i read something about if your a nurse it can help, can anyone expand on that, as im planning on taking a degree in nursing anyway
Quote by Lemoninfluence

True, but the chavs we have here don't run in packs, there's not enough of them, so they are really no problem. If anything, they get their ass beat more than anything.

Oh, and if you move to any of the southern states, you may wanna brush up on your spanish. They are infested with illegal aliens, very few of whom speak english..........
Last edited by Darkrunner at Feb 7, 2007,
Quote by andyscoot
its not just chavs that are the reason, but its one of the main reasons in my head right now, and last time i checked, manchester is north, hell, im almost in cumbria, how north can you get

i have been to america several times and i have to say its virtually the opposite, the people are nice, the weather is great (i was in florida during hurricane wilma and it didnt put me off) , it just think its a great country

I know Machester is North. I was just stating a point that Chavs aren't 'everywhere' in the UK, like you suggested. Plus Scotland is more North than Manchester...

By you hating the British people I assume you're just refering to Chavs right? They make up like 10-15% of the population. The remainder of the British people are better than most in Europe in my experience.

As for your like towards America. Good for you. If you like it then you should move. Im just saying, America isn't the only 'best' place in the World. Personally, i think the American people are arrogant attention seeking whores. But thats just my opinion.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
Quote by Demonbreed
Personally, i think the American people are arrogant attention seeking whores. But thats just my opinion.

^Way to generalize about 300 million people moron...............
dude don't go to america come to canada our emmigration like tests and stuff are easier
Quote by x/taluha
dude don't go to america come to canada our emmigration like tests and stuff are easier

its not the 'test' as you say, its the actually qualifying for a green card that im goig to strggle with as i have no means of getting one
Quote by Darkrunner
^Way to generalize about 300 million people moron...............

Yeah. Im pretty good at that aren't I? Except, its now 299,999,999 people. As you're now classed as a Whorebag.
Good day to you Sir.

EDIT: Plus you just proved the point I made. Cheers
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
Last edited by Demonbreed at Feb 7, 2007,
Quote by andyscoot

Goddamn it sucks to be generalised into a bunch of stereotypes...

Seriously, what reason do you have to hate everyone?
Quote by Darkrunner
True, but the chavs we have here don't run in packs, there's not enough of them, so they are really no problem. If anything, they get their ass beat more than anything.

Oh, and if you move to any of the southern states, you may wanna brush up on your spanish. They are infested with illegal aliens, very few of whom speak english..........

We don't have that many illegal aliens. You're from Michigan, I'm from Alabama. 2nd, if you think Florida natives are nice, come to Alabama I don't know what you mean by Chavs, could you elaborate??
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
Quote by Maverick64
We don't have that many illegal aliens. You're from Michigan, I'm from Alabama. 2nd, if you think Florida natives are nice, come to Alabama I don't know what you mean by Chavs, could you elaborate??

chavs are basially teenagers wrecking things and beating people up for no reason at all, expecially people with long hair. Ive been beaten up a few times for simply walking past, but this time i got hit by a rock on the back of my head, got knocked out, woke up in A+A in hospital with searing pains in my face, head and ribs, turns out they kicked me a lot of times in the face/ribs and noone came to my aid. I only got 'saved' as it were becuase a friend of mines dad drove past and saw me on the floor and got them away.

EDIT : To giantraven : i dont suppose where you live you get rapings/beatings going on every half hour or something along those line. I dont suppose people want you dead for being who you are (having long hair). The poeple here are nasty and it seems like theyd rather stick a pole up there ass that speak tp you pleasantly, and that i can honestly say, i never came across in the several states i have visited
Last edited by andyscoot at Feb 7, 2007,
Page 1 of 2