13 52%
Digitech Whammy
3 12%
Both
8 32%
Other
1 4%
Voters: 25.
Check the poll, I'm not sure if I should get a great guitar with a Floyd Rose Bridge and Tremolo System OR a great guitar with a fixed bridge and a Digitech Whammy Effects Pedal?
if you want to do trem tricks, don't use effects pedals. It sounds so fake and crappy it's ridiculous. The Whammy is good for the detune effects and harmonies, from what I remember.
To be honest i bloody hate floyd roses. I bought a guitar with one a while back, it was fine until, the strings needed changing. It wouldent tune. i spent hours tryin to get it to work and when i finally did the top e snapped. Few days ago i gave up and locked the bridge. I always thought that having a floyd rose would be cool but i never really used it. From personal experience i would never buy a guitar with a floyd rose again. Somebody i know has a digitech whammy pedal, with around 16 different 'effects' on it E.G up 2 octaves, down 2 octaves etc. He has played gigs all around europe and thats what he uses. So i would say if u really want tremelo effects, get a good pedal
Quote by steven seagull
Get a decent amp.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Actually the big + side of a floyd is its ability to stay in tune forever, at least for me thats the one big advantage.
I have a digitech RP80 (multieffect) that has a Whammy in it... and really, it's cool to play but I'd rather have a FloydRose... much funner and sounds more real.... also, you don't have to concentrate on your feets with a FR lol
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Floydy. I got a Ibanez RG 370DX, even though I got some nasty Gremlins in the bridge, I gotta love the sweet action with it. Although it's a major pain to restring <_<
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
marsvoltaguy you just got sigged
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both