I was thinking of getting one of these for my girlfriend as a present, as she says she really wants a funky guitar. These ones are see-through...and purple, and therefore fit the funky bill, at least in my book. I reckon I'm on to a winner lookswise.

But does anyone know if this company is legit, and if the guitars are any good ? I mean, theres no point getting her a see-through, purple strat-a-like if it breaks after a week, right ?

http://www.wesleyguitars.co.uk/storefrontprofiles/deluxeSFshop.aspx?sfid=44184&c=282695 is the link to their guitars. If all goes well I might buy one just because they look cool.

Anyone have any opinions ? To be honest, I'm not expecting much at the price...
From what I've heard the company is reliable but the guitars don't sound very good.
I was thinking if buying one and upgrading the pups but the general consensus is that plastic bodies on guitars sound pants.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
i would ask a guy from Sweetwater...but i think i saw an ad once, and it looked pretty crappy.
: AC/DC RULES

I PUT THE FUN IN FUNERAL
I PUT THE LAUGHTER IN MAN SLAUGHTER

YAY VIOLENCE!!!

MEMBER #13 OF THE STEVE IRWIN MEMORIAL CLUB
They look pretty sexy to be honest.

But I fear, according to most reviews, that is the extent of their goodness. They look good and are cheap. Oh well ! Thanks a lot guys. They do look pretty cool though...:P
They're so cheap if she isn't sure she is going to play it won't be a waste and if she keeps at it you can upgrade.
Buy one off ebay you can routinely get them them for £50ish.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
what are they made of?
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Wesley are fantastic.
I have an MEG9212 (Disc. it's an LP knock off basically.) it doesn't sound too amazing, but it actually plays like a dream. Fantastic quality control, with a pickup upgrade i'd prefer this thing over a lower end gibson. It wont beat the sound of proper gibby, but it sure feels much nicer.
I know a guy who bought a jasper and loved it. Despite it being made from acrylic.