Okay well I'm gonna sing for the school talent show. :P LOL. And yeah I sound as good as I do on real life as I do on recordings I guess.

www.myspace.com/al469

I do use a little Auto-Tune here and there on my recordings... Yeah I know half the people reading this want to shoot me. But I mean it doesn't make much of a difference for me in the studio.

Anyways, when singing live I'm usually not scared, but I tend to often be a small bit off hitting the perfect note. So I'm wondering if any of you have used Auto-Tune live [and be honest :P] and if it's successful. I'm just scared of hitting a note too far away from the actual note... and getting a tape winding effect that will freak out the audience. HAHA I mean... not a very natural noise. But yeah I'm thinking of using an Antares hardware Auto-Tuner during the performance.

Any suggestions... tips... or stories of yours that might help?

Al
- aL -
I don't think you can use it live because you have to tell it what note you're looking for

PS i agree with JB2500 and I can here it in your recordings
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Yeah I'll tell it what note I'm looking for. I set the right scale and key. But if I'm too off it'll move to a wrong note. :S

It's used on alottt of live performances. I was shocked to find out it was used on American Idol.
- aL -
Quote by al_469
Okay well I'm gonna sing for the school talent show. :P LOL. And yeah I sound as good as I do on real life as I do on recordings I guess.

www.myspace.com/al469

I do use a little Auto-Tune here and there on my recordings... Yeah I know half the people reading this want to shoot me. But I mean it doesn't make much of a difference for me in the studio.

Anyways, when singing live I'm usually not scared, but I tend to often be a small bit off hitting the perfect note. So I'm wondering if any of you have used Auto-Tune live [and be honest :P] and if it's successful. I'm just scared of hitting a note too far away from the actual note... and getting a tape winding effect that will freak out the audience. HAHA I mean... not a very natural noise. But yeah I'm thinking of using an Antares hardware Auto-Tuner during the performance.

Any suggestions... tips... or stories of yours that might help?

Al

I dunno, if you used an Auto-Tune live, it would probably take away from the thrill of performing. You might even become lazy, which is never good as a musician. But that's just me
They can be used live, alot of people do, so i dont know what you kids are talking about.

Anyway, how about dare I say...learn to sing?
Quote by Eric Shun
They can be used live, alot of people do, so i dont know what you kids are talking about.

Anyway, how about dare I say...learn to sing?

Ummm. Dude. Live Auto-Tune can't be used on people with bad voices. It'll only make them hit notes further away then they intend. So when someone wants to use Auto-Tune live, they are usually above average singers.
- aL -