Hey guys the title says it all. I bought a SG Standard the other day and I just want to know what's the difference between the standard and a regular G-400. I bought this because it was the only SG that GC had in stock that was Epi and I needed a guitar because I have a huge show this weekend and I sold my guitar to fund a Schecter Blackjack but the Blackjack deal fell through. Anyways the only difference that I can see without having a G-400 in front of me is the pickguard on the Standard. It is a full bodied one instead of the lower horn type. Wouldn't this be worse than the g-400 because the body would be solid on the g-400 and routed out on the standard? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Ummm the only "Epiphone SG Standard" is an Elitist one.

Did you get a G310? That guitar isn't so good (and I think it's made out of alder instead of mahogany).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
No, it's an Epiphone custom shop model. It's limited edition and it has a set neck. The neck and body are mohagony. I found one review on it online but it didn't have the differences.
Last edited by myvaliantleap at Feb 7, 2007,
No Maestro. It looks the exact same as a g-400 except for the Heritage Cherry and the pickguard. What type of pickups do you think it would have?
Quote by myvaliantleap
No Maestro. It looks the exact same as a g-400 except for the Heritage Cherry and the pickguard. What type of pickups do you think it would have?

I'm not sure. Probably the exact same ones that come on G-400's.

Do you have a link to yours, or a picture or something?

That would help identify it.
guitar That says G-400 on it. I guess it's just a limited edition but I would just like to know the differences.

Well I guess those on the page are the only differences, now my question becomes, wouldn't a regular g-400 be better since the pickups are actually in the body instead of just screwed to the pickguard?
Last edited by myvaliantleap at Feb 7, 2007,
Ohhhh those!

Cosmetically, they're much nicer, IMO.

They've got the real Heritage Cherry finish, not the fake one on the G-400. Different pickguard. Also, the hardware looks a little nicer.

Overall, it's just a much nicer G-400, IMO.
Ok, but better even with the pickups mounted on the pickguard? I got it for 250 brand new so I couldn't have made a terrible decision I guess.

Oh, and thanks Pacifica.
You actually live in Santa Claus? That's hilarious.

Nice guitar. I had a Goth G400 and it was solid.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Both the same besides the cosmetics I think (i prefer the full batwing scratchplate).
There's usually not a whole lot of different other than cosmetics on similar Epiphone models. I don't know the specifics of these particular guitars, but I'd expect them to be the same as a standard G-400, only looking a bit different because of the scratch plate.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by FacingUsAll
You actually live in Santa Claus? That's hilarious.

Nice guitar. I had a Goth G400 and it was solid.

Yes, Santa Claus, the oldest theme park in America is here and that's it. Anyways, thanks to everyone for the info.