i ordered a Boss RC-2 loop station off musicians friend in DEC but its in backordered ever since. so i canceled my order and i'm looking for a loop pedal. but i can't decide.

i looked at the Line 6 DL4 and the Akai Headrush and the Boss Loopstation RC20XL

what are the advantages of each?
i'm primarily looking for a pedal to jam with at home and practice and be able to record a rhythm and solo over it, but also i want to be able to use it live once i start gigging, and have it be a pedal that's easy to use while on stage.

but if theres no perfect pedal, is there a pedal that's great for live, and a seperate pedal that's perfect for just practice? if so, ill just get the one for practice now and gigging later.
thanks dudes

update: i'm highly considering the digitech jamman, the ability to connect to PC to save recordings is very cool
Last edited by 0range at Feb 7, 2007,
The Akai Headrush is what i would reccomed out of those. A friend of mine has one and he's always raving about how awesome it is. And hes been playing for 15 years.

KT tunstell uses them apparently if that helps.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by It'sForTheBest
I have a Boss DD-20 Giga Delay and it works great for looping. Also, it was a good deal.

I'm looking into the DD-20. How long does it let you loop for?
I used to have a DD-20. The delay was good, but the looping is pretty short, something like 23 seconds if I remember correctly. The DL4 has the same issue, not much looping time. The Headrush is ok, but in this case digital stuff is a lot easier to use and sounds just as good. I would get the RC20XL, it's got a ton of banks and if you get a footswitch for it you can control all your loops with your feet.