Ok i have a washburn X30 and im playing it live alot now. Im in a death metal band and i want to get some pickups in it (probably EMGs) but i also want to install a tremelo lock system so i can do some cool whammy tricks like physopus and see you next tuesday so i was wondering if it was a good idea to install one to my washburn or just save up and get a jackson or a ibanez
You cant really install a Floyd Rose whammy system, unless you feel like cutting into your guitar, and ruining your sustain. It woud be cheaper, and better, to buy an Ibanez or any other similar floyd rose equipped guitar. Try Ibanez SZ series, they are amazing
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Welsh Guitar
You cant really install a Floyd Rose whammy system, unless you feel like cutting into your guitar, and ruining your sustain. It woud be cheaper, and better, to buy an Ibanez or any other similar floyd rose equipped guitar. Try Ibanez SZ series, they are amazing

SZ's don't have floyd rose systems. They have a bridge similar to my washburn. The other guitarist in my band has one
Quote by soulreaper666
SZ's don't have floyd rose systems. They have a bridge similar to my washburn. The other guitarist in my band has one

I guess he meant the S series. Which I'd recommend instead.

if you really want to, you should get it done by a pro. Which will be expensive, $200 for a good trem (OFR for instance) and probably much more for the labour.

Just get an used S470.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Last edited by jmag at Feb 7, 2007,