I was at my local guitar store today to send my axe for a much needed setup. While i was on the way out, i saw a Jackson WRMG and just felt like i should try it out or something. I plugged it into a MG10(!!) and played Master of Puppets and the outro solo of Fade to Black, and it sounded exactly like Hammett's tone!! It had a seriously sweet tone to it for leads and it's also perfect for heavy riffs.

I was just wondering, any of you had any experience with them? How do they fare in the long run and all? It would help if you guys could tell me the pros and the cons of it. I mean, if it sounded great through an MG, i'm cant wait to hear how's its gonna sound on my Cube if i get it. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
bump...anyone?
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
i dont have the mg version, but iv had my one, cant remember model-one of the cheaper ones, and its lasted fine. Had it about 3 years now, the only damage was my fault, works fine. So if you liked it get it, itll last.
How's the trem on it man?

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
should be fine. if you abuse it too much and it craps out, it's a direct swap for a OFR... the trem on my jackson still works fine after 10 months but i dont use it that much.
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
on the mg it'll probably be pretty good, and as the guy above me said, you can swap it for a OFR. i have LFR on my dinky and its fine as long as you dont go mental.
I used to have a WRMG, back when they had EMG-HZ pickups. The licensed Floyd Rose bridge was absolutely horrible, it wouldn't stay in tune even for a second. If you're gonna get this guitar, make sure it has the active EMG's that the WRMG comes with nowadays, and test that tremolo thoroughly, they're hit-and miss.
The guitar actually sounded great even with those HZ pickups, and when I compare it to the Gibson I've got right now, frankly, the sound difference isn't THAT huge.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator