I didnt think that anyone did that. When i play bass I slap all the time, but for guitar, well I screw around and do that, but never play like that.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Actually yes, when trying out some choppy funk rock stuff I slap the bass strings. It hurts my thumb a bit but it sounds quite nice.
Quote by gallagher2006
Wouldn't that completely destroy your finger tips? Fair play on bass, but on guitar...

Thats not slap bass. Slap bass is using the side of your thumb to really nail a string. Gives a really nice sound.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
I've tried but it's not really me.

I've seen a couple of cool slap guitarist videos knocking around the net though.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i just hit the strings with the side of my thumb, it doesn't sound like slap, but it sounds cool
I dont think its worth the pain nor the macular degeneration.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Check out Reggie Wooten, older brother of Victor, and his touring/recording guitarist...I saw them both live a few months ago and the show was absolutely jaw dropping. Reggie incorporates some slap guitar into his playing that is just mind blowing.
I play slap on guitar. That is all.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I did it on an acoustic when I was intoxicated once. hurts more than on a bass, suprise suprise.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by chuck953688
Check out Reggie Wooten, older brother of Victor, and his touring/recording guitarist...I saw them both live a few months ago and the show was absolutely jaw dropping. Reggie incorporates some slap guitar into his playing that is just mind blowing.

Incidentally, he plays a Squier Strat. Weird huh?
Quote by pugnapugnapugna

its not the guitar, its the player. If victor played a first act bass, he would still slap like their was no tomorrow
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by pugnapugnapugna

That's what made the whole thing that much better...to have proof that it isn't the guitarr as much as it's how you play it.
Justin King - Phunkdified. That's where I learned how to slap and pop on a guitar.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Quote by chuck953688
That's what made the whole thing that much better...to have proof that it isn't the guitarr as much as it's how you play it.

I guarantee he had a nice amp, though.
He uses a Vintage Squier Strat, which is far different from the ones you see at GC, my teacher has one and it feels like an american strat, it has good quality wood and you couldn tell the difference with a fender strat. I think they were made in the early 80s
Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I'm tempted to report this thread because of how weird this is getting.

I saw x/taluha get her clock
Last edited by millencolin182 at Feb 7, 2007,
Quote by Cied Shredder
Justin King - Phunkdified. That's where I learned how to slap and pop on a guitar.

You da man
hue
Quote by breakstuff
I dont think its worth the pain nor the macular degeneration.

Isn't macular degeneration a Necrophagist song? Maybe I'm thinking of Somniferous Putrescense.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
when i fingerpick on acoustic. electric's tend to have too low an action for me to get a constistent sound.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
OMG thats slap for ya's.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
I love it, slap and pop sounds amazing on guitar.

BTW, Justin King isn't anything to flip out over. After practicing slapping for a little less than a year, I can play most of his songs.
Dickless.
I play slap guitar all the time.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
james hitfield from metallica used slaps in woodstock 99 in the song for whom the bell tolls after trow his pick to the crowd... (just a curiosity lol) so if he can do that you can do to.... (kdg)

personaly i dont really notice any significant difference between slap and the usual pick. (if it is what i think)