Since 45 Grave are a gothpunk/horror punk band with only a few really good songs, they probably won't get a BOTM thread.
But they deserve an award for what they did.

If you've never heard the song "Partytime", check it out here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P09UIydxAZI

This song was in the trailers for the movie "Return Of The Living Dead".
When I first heard it, I wondered why a cool band like 45 Grave were doing a cheesy metal song.

Then I started to pick out some interesting things in the lyrics.
The whole song is a true story about a 5 year old girl who is tortured, raped and killed by her parents!!!!
There's no way that you could get a punk song like that on the radio in Reagan's America, so they hid it in a metal song.

That song got played alot on the radio, because people saw the movie trailer, heard the "It's Partytime" chorus and thought it was another vapid pop tune about partying.
The mainstream radio ate it up with a spoon, not realizing that they had been duped.

It was fecking brilliant, and we gots ta recognize, says I.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Wow, I never knew what it was about. The first time i heard it was in ROTLD. I never(not even know) knew much about the band or listened to them much, and for all i knew they could've made the song for the movie. I actually seriously thought they may have, cause it just seemed to go along so perfectly with it.
Quote by MattTheArsonist
I love that movie, Return of the Living Dead, too. Hahaha. Probably one of my favorite zombie flicks.

Prabobly mine too, I love that movie. Have you seen the 4th and 5th ones that SciFi made? I thought they were ****ing horrible, not nearly as good as the first one.
They're pretty good. But around here all the butthole goths try to get into "horror-punk" and listen to them and the Misfits, mostly the Misfits though, seeing as they're the most popular and mainstream. Those butthole goths say they hate popular things, but secretly love it.

I've haven't heard one of them mention the Cramps though, thank God.
Quote by LastCaress88
Prabobly mine too, I love that movie. Have you seen the 4th and 5th ones that SciFi made? I thought they were ****ing horrible, not nearly as good as the first one.

I haven't seen 'em, but from what I've heard the other sequels really aren't worth seeing either. I saw ROTLD Part II, and it was pretty lame.
Haha... that's like putting beer in a straight edger's milk bottle.

Or the david hale hot dog incident.

Awesome.
Sounds like it's unanimous.
45 Graves wins the following awards:

The Germs "What We Do Is Secret" award - in honor of "Partytime" (Don Bolles drummed in the Germs before 45 Grave, for those unaware).

"Best Punk/Goth Names In LA" award - Rob Graves and Dynah Cancer (as dyin' of cancer, for those who didn't get it the first time.)

and a special commendation to Don Bolles for putting out the hilarious "Celebrities At Their Worst", which you can check out here.....
http://www.counterpoint-music.com/specialties/
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
I remember when I first figured that out...a little creeped out to be honest

On first listen, I'm like, "Yeah Partytime!"

Then you really pay attention to the lyrics, and you get kinda mortified, and then you get used to it and when it comes on it's back to "Partytime!"
Quote by CousticStrangla
I know I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder too.

Quote by Raz_Steroid
So you're a Transformer?