So I was sitting in IA class today realizing that I was failing because the projects are all so boring thus not giving me that won't to work on them(second time Im makeing a fricken wooden stool and I just stoped even following the instructions) So Im thinking of maybe next semester to attempt at a tube amp or atleast a SS (I already know the dangers of building a Tube so dont worry about that)

My first concern is I havn't taken the basic electric course which is offered, although I proboly know more then that course teaches, Im not sure if they would let me do a big ass project without the basics course being done.

Second, Im not the best at the electronics side of it, now would say getting and following a schemetic for say a mesa boogie off the net be best or is building the high gain thingy to hard and I should stick to just a clean one channel amp?

Third all, How expensive are all the parts generally?

sorry, im a little bit of a noob here
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
www.ax84.com

Building a mesa-boogie style amp from a schematic would be INSANELY hard. I would stick to a one channel amp.

You could build a JCM800 clone, there is plenty of schematics out there for them.
somewhere there's a vox ac30 schematic on the forums that wasn't impossible. search for 'part numbers' to find it. sounds odd, but i remember the thread well.

EDIT: nevermind. google ac30 schematic if you want it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Last edited by tubab0y at Feb 7, 2007,
Don't build a bit multi-channel amp. It will cost loads too.
Small project will get an equal amount of credit, and you'll be more likely to actually be capable of it.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.