my friend is offering me a practically new digitech bp80 effects pedal for about £40, is this a good deal, and is the pedal worth it?
Last edited by ziggady at Feb 7, 2007,
I checked musiciansfriend.com and it looks alright. The price offered on the site is $99.95, which is around £62, so I'd say it's a good enough deal.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
thanks, but is the actual pedal decent, or should i just buy another for similar money.
The pedal is a wee bit of a toy... but it should get you familiar enough with the effects that when you out-grow the 'toy stage', you'll know what effects you use and don't use. Go for it!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
There's a good variety of basic effects on this pedal, good enough for practice/toying with. My only problem with it is that some of the effects just aren't good enough, and it lacks the ability to finely tune. The envelope filter is particularly poor imo, I'd sooner dish out money for a FX25.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

I'm looking at something the same just to play with a bit and its a pretty good deal. If you want to spend a bit more though and go brand new, the korg and zoom look very tempting
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I own this pedal ages ago and used it to figure out what single pedals i would need in the future. THe effects arent top notch but i still used it for gigs but the real bitch was that u have to push down both pedals to bypass the unit which takes a while to master
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
I own one of these, and I really can't stand it. Most of the effects are poor in quality, especially the fretless. It has a few cool amp models, but it's not really worth your time. Also don't expect to play very loudly at all because it will only go as high as the volume on it, which isn't loud at all. Normally I just plug my headphones into it and play with it that way. I guess it's ok just to toy with if it's going to be your first experience with effects though.