Hello, I'm reposting my thread because my first one was this morning and didnt seem to get much feedback. I'm having a problem concerning my Crate GX-212 combo amp. It's 120 watts out of two speakers. There is a major problem on my hands. The volume knob does turn all the way to 10, but it seems to stop the amp from getting any louder after I turn it to 3. The volume keeps swelling, coming and going, and sometimes there is no sound at all. I opened it up to see if it was a problem with the female input from the guitar cord and there is no problem there. I figured this would be the best place to ask. Also, when i turn the knob on my guitar to zero, the feedback from my line gets very loud, as if it were turned to the number i have the volume set, but as soon as I turn the volume up on my guitar its gets soft again.
This is driving me crazy! Can anyone help???
Thanks a bunch,
Justin
There's probably a connection on the volume pot that's half broken, causing it to loose contact. But that's just a guess.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Same problem with an old spider. But, I don't use it anymore. I am interested how this is fixed, though.
Is it a digital amp? If it is, there may be very little you can do.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.