what is this dial on my amp, typically i play acoustic but i have electric, and i cant seem to figure out what its for
yea i have, it seems like it effects feedback, or maybe that is the echo you are talking about
Last edited by Findinghomer at Feb 7, 2007,
sweet thanx for the link. but how can i get it to work without having ungodly ear piercing feedback?
If you're playing an acoustic through it then that could be your problem.
Reverb is avery subtle effect, sounds like the equivalent of playing in a large empty room.
sweet thanx for the link. but how can i get it to work without having ungodly ear piercing feedback?

Turn down the gain, stand further away from your amp, face away from your amp, change the EQ'ing....

or any combination of the above. And yes, if you aren't using an acoustic amp you'll be more prone to feedback anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
no its plugged into an electric. even with the guitar unplugged, all three controls of gain turned down it squeals earpiercingly if i turn it any more than half way up.
also under "gain" have have three knobs ( pre, sat, post) from screwing with it i found the pre seems to set the volume, sat - distortion, and post volume i guess. but what do they all mean?
Firstly, you shouldn't have the reverb too high unless you want it to sound like it's the 80's again.

Just a touch is enough on a clean setting.

Seriously, you shouldn't be getting feedback like that at practise volumes. Try turning the volume or the gain down.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I'm guessing you have some kind of peavey amp? I know basically they work off this generaly;
Pre-gain - Channel volume
Saturation - Distortion
Post-gain - Master volume
Quote by beckyjc
I'm guessing you have some kind of peavey amp? I know basically they work off this generaly;
Pre-gain - Channel volume
Saturation - Distortion
Post-gain - Master volume

YEs! maybe its broken , or maybe its just a crap amp, b/c reverb really seems to have no effect on the sound except for untolerable feedback. thanx for the explanation of the gain knobs!