I have an Ibanez RG321MH its still with the stock strings, I want to know if there is a specific gauge or thickness that is best for metal. Im clueless when it comes to strings so can someone indulge me by fiiling me in about strings, their types, their uses and so on.

Much appreciated.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
if you want to down tune get a heavier gauge but if u want to solo and downtune i quite like ernie ball slinky top heavy bottom
ibanez rg 270

spider III 210
You'll be wanting a thicker guage for the "chugga chugga" Metal sound but really it is all down to preference. With a lot of EQ and tweaking, you can get any strings to sound how you want.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
depends on tunning, if your gonna downtune like to D, then get some 0.10, ernie ball, if you want to tune even lower i sugest 0.12, but be careful with 0.12 the thension while on the E tunning will be very high so only buy them if youre going for C tuning or something like that, if youre looking for good ones for standart tuning just get any 0.09 from d'addario, thats what i do
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
I woud go with the coated DR's i love em they have the best sound and are extremly bright, also they are wicked for pinchs. Thanks to the Hex Core. but .8-.9 for standard 1.0- for D and 1.2 for D-B tuning but only if you dont plan on using standard at all... You can just your strings will tend to break a lot.
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
I'd go with Ernie Ball strings.

If you are really heavy, go with the power slinky.
If you play fast leads, and want very workable strings go with the regular slinky.

Both sets are good, they are both very bendable, It's just your preference.
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Quote by the_extremist00
depends on tunning, if your gonna downtune like to D, then get some 0.10, ernie ball, if you want to tune even lower i sugest 0.12, but be careful with 0.12 the thension while on the E tunning will be very high so only buy them if youre going for C tuning or something like that, if youre looking for good ones for standart tuning just get any 0.09 from d'addario, thats what i do

I use 12s in standard

Its not like it will cause any damage
Im gonna use standard tuning 90% of the time. maybe drop D every once in a while.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join