Quote by vjferrara
anyone ever used DR high gain strings, and are they any good.

Strings that increase the output of your amp? Interesting.'

Do you mean gauge?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I've never used the "high gain" strings, but DR makes a quality product I wouldn't hesitate to use.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
I've never used the "high gain" strings, but DR makes a quality product I wouldn't hesitate to use.

+1
I used to use DR strings all the time, there awesome, but I cant seem to get em from anywhere near me now.
well, im not sure how good they are. i know dimebag and trivium endorse them and thats about it. bullet used rotosound strings. the only person i know that uses them is duff mccagen of velvet revolver. he uses them on his bass. i thought about trying ernie ball slinky top bottom heavy or the DR high gains. more feedback?
'high gain'??? surely you mean high guage..

their strings rock. theyre similar to D'addario but last forever and sound better.

Preference of course, but dont judge the strings based on the bands that use them.
most bands use Ernie Ball because for the first couple weeks they sound great but then they turn to crap imo; the 'big' people that use ernie ball strings are able to change sets before every gig, so they never deal with them wearing out or whatever it is that kills EB strings.

and lots of Metal people use 'Jazz' strings, and vice versa. entirely preference.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Wow.......... hi gain amps, hi gain pickups, hi gain potentiometers, and now what... hi gain strings ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Hi gain strings is probaly the most lame concept off guitar!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
hey, I'm selling a few high gain guitar picks, anyone want some? $400 for a pack of 12.

all joking aside. are you sure you don't mean Hi-Voltage?
Well, if they mean 'high-output' they could be right. Maybe they make the core bigger, and use thinner windings, which would give a string more output.
Quote by mr_hankey
Well, if they mean 'high-output' they could be right. Maybe they make the core bigger, and use thinner windings, which would give a string more output.

The same as going up in gauge.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee