so, i lean over to turn the treble down, and BAM! my sexy bass slams against the bench the (sexily enourmous) bass amp is standing on. no real damage at all, but it made me think...

that very night, i took 8p worth of 2p coins (the biggest uk coin (except maybe £2, but i might as well give jim dunlop his blood money...) and a power drill, and emerged from the garage victorious, straplocks at literally a 50th of the price.

BUT!!! i decided to replace the original strap buttons on the bass, with a single coin on the end, and put them on me sex-G as well. by doing this, there was a big mix up with screws, holes in coins, (then i realised my new strap was probably good enough anyways).

the point is, everything's generally a bit loose. can i use PVA glue to stick the button to the guitar while i screw it (lol) into the hole some more. as i think the ones on my bass were.

i also used the very good advice of my guitar teacher. if a screw becomes loose, dip a match (i used a wooden kebab skewer) in PVA glue, shove it in the hole, and snap the end off. the screw now fits xD

i've missed loads of shit out, so this probably won't make any sense, and i'll be even more hated, but never mind.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I can't offer any advice but I'd like to give kudos to you for your Immensely British straplocks!
i made straplocks from coins. but from rigourous screwing/unscrewing, everything's kinda loose
pics?
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
isnt destroying coins illegal...

but i love the idea of the very British straplocks
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I have these sweet locking plastic ones that cost me like $2.50 each. you can take them on and off, you dont have to unscrew the strap buttons to get them on
i tried for pics, but theyre too big to post, and too shit and blurry to make out. imagine a regular strap button, with a coin over it.

hell, make some urself! theyre great and cheap! (but mainly cheap)
Has anyone heard that great chili peppers song...hump de *BUMP*
What on Earth are you on about boy?

If the matchstick and glue helped, what's wrong with it?

That'll teach you for destroying British Currency
If you're talking about the screw holes being loose, then I've heard you can fill the hole as much as you can with toothpicks and wood-glue, and then sand it down even with the rest of the body, then screw the strap pin back in (heh) where you've just patched the hole.
How patriotic but are you allowed to destroy money?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I filled the tips of my strap with red electric tape, unscrewed the strap holders and screwed them through my strap and back into my bass. The strap never failed me since.
Quote by flyingmarlin
isnt destroying coins illegal...

but i love the idea of the very British straplocks

Nah, but the best coins to destroy are mexican pesos, the center pops out when you hit them hard enough, and you can use the outside ring of the coin to put in machines and pull out using a string, free sodas!
Congratulations for breaking the law!

Plus I thought the real ghetto straplocks were Grolsch seals...
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Calum_Barrow

I use them
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Calum_Barrow

yeah Grolsch are proper ghetto mate, thats what I have on my squire
Quote by bbsbass
I have these sweet locking plastic ones that cost me like $2.50 each. you can take them on and off, you dont have to unscrew the strap buttons to get them on

That's what I do...but the coins do sound pretty cool (cept for the illegal-ness)
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
^ Grolsch is a lager from Holland. Has the characteristic flip-top lids.

EDIT: To the guy two posts up
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.