I have the opportunity to buy this 800W Yorkville head for $250 CDN used. Right now I have a Fender Bassman100 Combo amp, and am looking to upgrade my gear, so I figured getting a pretty decent head/cab would be a good move; this way I have a powerful head that I'd be able to use with any cab I plan to get in the future.

I don't have any idea of what cab to get though - I was thinking of a 4x10, because I can't really lug/don't really need an 8x10. But this head is 800W@4 Ohms and 600W@8 Ohms.. what reasonably priced (~$500 CDN) cab can handle 600W? My price is kinda low b/c I'm also planning on getting a new bass, so I don't really have too much cash to throw around.

So yeah, any cab suggestions?
Man, how the hell can you get the head for that cheap?

Anyway, I don't think too many 410's are 600W at 8ohm, but there may be some 4ohm 610s that could do the job.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Well, it's used, but I'm still kind of sketchy on the details - the guy didn't really give that much. I'm still waiting for second reply from him. For all I know, the input is broken and the gain knob doesn't work.

I guess I'm kind of jumping the gun on the cab question (since I don't actually have the head yet) but I was wondering, just in case I do choose to buy it.
Be sure to check out Avatar. They make very good cabinets for bottom-line prices, and their customer service is supposedly very good.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.