Anyone have any opinions on them? They sound a bit good to be true (low maintenance, perfect action, cheap, best bridge EVER etc...), but I've heard good things about them. Are they a good deal?
yes, they really are that good.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I love it more than any Floyd Rose I've ever tried. I can basically beat someone over the head with my guitar without it going out of tune.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
the best trem ever. changing strings couldnt be more easy.. also tuning every time wouldnt be a problem.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

nice, does it like palm muting? I know that floyds go all over the place, is this different bearing in mind that it works differently? what about harmonics?
it does palm muting as good but probably better than most floating trems. you can always adjust the bearing in the back (way easier IMO than fidling with a floyd). double stops are in tune. i like it quite a bit. that being said its opinion really. you do loose some of the flexibility of a floyd, ive heard you cant pull pitch up as much. but it's much easier to maintain change strings etc...oh and harmonic wails are no problem.
The only reason you cant pull up is cause of the shallow trem cavity because of the thinness of the S series. And i have heard nothing but good, good things about this bridge, and with t he ball bearing system and all that, i doutb you would ever have a problem:\
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

It's a very good trem system, it's more smooth than Floyd Rose.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
just beware of pulling it up alot. i broke mine, the little part of the actual bridge where the whammy bar goes in. It snapped in half. I have some pics of it in a thread I posted on in the Gear and Customizing Thread.
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
Quote by mEtAlORc
just beware of pulling it up alot. i broke mine, the little part of the actual bridge where the whammy bar goes in. It snapped in half. I have some pics of it in a thread I posted on in the Gear and Customizing Thread.

How far did you pull up?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by mEtAlORc

what!? really? can you link me to the thread so i can see the pics? i also broke the allen screws that adjust the action. i put to much effort then the screw just cracked. either sides are broken..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Last edited by mothership at Feb 8, 2007,
Quote by mothership
what!? really? can you link me to the thread so i can see the pics? i also broke the allen screws that adjust the action. i put to much effort then the screw just cracked. either sides are broken..

yup right here

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518010

Plus its becoming a more and more common problem now that this piece is easier to break because of the depth of the body. This piece has to be ordered from Ibanez directly and some stores will have them if they have lots of S series guitars in stock because this is becoming a common problem.
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
^^ mine also got broke recently. but only the adjustable allen screw that adjusts the action. the tech here said that it could be replace. but he also said that the part is rare and he doubts that i can find any of it from any distributors of ibanez here.. ZR trem parts are really rare especially here where i live. so what he will do is to make the same part only my problem is that my ZR wont be all original parts anymore. but i think its ok for the sake that it is fixed.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

I have to admit the part where the whammy bar goes in, is a bit dodgy. On my one i swear its a tiny bit loose.... But as long as i dont abuse it too much its fine, although i still do the whole Herman Li pick up the whole guitar just by the whammy.
Most people buy the S series just for the ZR whammy
Other than that, they also buy it for the comfort and the sexiness.

The ZR trem does not have a smaller range, it's just that the S series is so thin, that there isn't enough routing to make it go any higher or lower.

Note; Herman Li does NOT use a ZR trem, he uses Lo-TRS.

Don't ask me why, he thinks they are cool.