Hi, I bought a secondhand Aria Acoustic, it's model no is AD75. Inside the soundhole it states; supervised in Japan.
It's a bloody good little player and appears to be around twenty years old?
I was wondering if anybody with Aria knowledge out there might be able to fill in the blanks as to its worth and if this model is quite common as I can't find another anywhere on cyberspace...

Many thanks...
Aria specializes in making cheap beginner guitars. I don't even think they make solid body guitars so it's a solid top at best. And I doubt it's that old because, well, people just don't keep those guitars for more than a couple years.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I hear what you are saying but judging by the build and the way it has matured it's at least twenty years old and Jap made.
Ps, It has the "Open Book" headstock design.
Many Thanks.
Last edited by LittleFingerTip at Feb 8, 2007,
Quote by octavian
Aria specializes in making cheap beginner guitars. I don't even think they make solid body guitars so it's a solid top at best. And I doubt it's that old because, well, people just don't keep those guitars for more than a couple years.

Actually they are good quality instruments, highly underrated;
threadstarter try their page:
http://www.ariaguitars.com/int/index.html
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Cheers for that. I have had a look and their client list suggests they are not a bad little player at all , which sort of pooh poohs the Octavian opinion. Think I may keep it after all and not throw it away after a couple of years...
Think what you want but talk to the people round here that know guitars. I'm willing to be that they will all tell you that aria makes "decent" guitars at best. I'm sure some are worth keeping (mine wasn't), but they won't ever be worth much.
Many thanks.
Last year I bought a particular model of car and it broke down at every opportunity. I put it down to being unlucky and didn't put it down to every model of it's kind being worthless. Or being self righteous and wagging my finger at anybody else who bought one. Try doing the same...
I bought a Tanglewood not long ago. I can not remember the model # (I’m at work so I can not look it up)

But anyways for the money that I paid for it (around 500 CAD tax in) I love it, it sounds and plays great
I also have a Tanglewood TW145 but since I bought the Aria, I hav'nt touched it and can't really see the novelty wearing off.
acoustic arias are unique, i have one, and until now, it is the guitar with the greatest quality sound i've ever heard.
Quote by Harker
acoustic arias are unique, i have one, and until now, it is the guitar with the greatest quality sound i've ever heard.

thank you
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
I have a AW-20CE. and love it the only thing I change was to put brass bridge pins on it and it sounds great run thru a pa
Look around and see what the day brings