Hey im doing this thing for college and i need to find 3 swing songs and 3 pop songs with good bass lines.

so if you can help me then please reply!

thanx
I love him, oh yes I do. He's for me, and not for you. And if, by chance, you take my place, I'll take my fist, and smash your face!

Roundabout- YES
Quote by Soma3009

I'm wearing my batman outfit to school tomorrow. Only problem is, the legs are spandex. So, my balls competely stand out. Is there ANY possible way around this?

Quote by futurejimmypage
like my band wants to have like kickass nick names. names like synyster gates etc.
Be- Common
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Sweet Child O' Mine- GNR (ok technically not pop but that has a good bassline)
I love rock and roll?- Joan Jett??
Originally Posted by jajp001
White man came (Cumming noise)
Across the sea (Wow!!!)
Brought us pain (Right in the eye, it was)
And misery ( Points to pregnant sister)
Run to the hills, iron maiden
For Fever, Peggy Lee was not he original artist, but recorded the most famous and my favorite version of the song.

And Duke Ellington is a good artist to mine for swing.
I also second the Duke Ellington motion, I'm currently playing that song in my jazz ensemble! Great catchy bass line. I would also suggest some more jazz-esque songs. If you could get something from Birth Of the Cool by Miles Davis to be considered Swing or Pop, then I would choose "Boplicity." It's another jazz song I'm covering, and I LOVE the bass line. Great range of notes, in fact I think it goes up to a high F# near the beginning if I'm not mistaken. Even though it's just a walking bass line (for the most part), it still sounds great. It's played on an upright, too; that puts the icing on the cake.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Black Night - Deep Purple

its a rock song in the style of swing, so its a swing bassline
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
search even somewhat before you post. there are atleast 3 threads with this exact thread title, as well as one dedicated to jazz & swing a while back.

clooosed.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!