Right, I'm trying to put together a little spreadsheet with different guitar and bass shapes. The guitars are fairly easy - tele, strat, lp, sg, the whole lot - but basses seem to vary a lot more in design. There's obviously the good ol' Fender Precision and Jazz Bass and the Hofner Violin Bass, but other than that, any body shapes that have become more or less standards?

Thanks in advance.
Now that I think about it, not really. I mean its either a variant of a guitar shape, or its based off of a Fender P or J.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
its pretty hard because they just tend to go along with most guitar shapes now or are just a generic bass shape

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Well, I'm not looking for distinctive shapes as such - there's more of those out there than you could shake a stick at. I'd age 20 years before I could list all the custom, concept, boutique and other one-off models ever done.

What I'm looking for are basic shapes that have evolved into de facto standards and are oft-copied by other manufacturers. Like the aforementioned Stingray and Rickenbacker (4000 series?) - thanks for those! The Thunderbird is basically the Firebird shape so I had that covered, but thanks anyway.
The warwick buzzard
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
BC rich warlock.
I'm sorry in advance.

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
Hmm good question, off the top of my head I can't think of anything other than what's been said already. You get SG and Les Paul basses, but I wouldn't know whether to class them as bass body shapes, they're electric guitar shapes tradionally.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Don't forget the Cirrus shape.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.