I seem to have a recurring problem with my Fender Jazz Bass (MIM) Bridge. I bought it used from Guitar Center about a year or two ago, so I believe its still the stock bridge. Anyway, the problem is that the G-string's "seat" won't stay level. I have to adjust it every two weeks because it starts to tilt (see picture). I was wondering if there's anything I can do to stop this other than adjusting it every time because it goes out of tune a lot too.
Help would be greatly appreciated

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about (Cell Phone Camera):
Attachments:
jbridge.jpg
Simplest thing to do is just glue it into place. Problem is you can't adjust it afterwards.

Alternatively, you can replace the entire saddle.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
You can buy replacement saddles but is it tight? it might be vibrating too much or, very unlikely but the thread inside might have worn away a bit causing it to slip. I advise just replacing it with a BAII
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
The problem is that one of the saddle height screws is slipping, right?

Easiest solution is to replace either the screw or the whole saddle, depending on which one is worn.
I second the Badass II motion. The name suits it, because I have yet to find a better Fender bridge replacement.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by canadianpunk071
Simplest thing to do is just glue it into place. Problem is you can't adjust it afterwards.

Alternatively, you can replace the entire saddle.

Yup, it's a problem that comes up on practically every fender bass bridge too. But yeah, replace the bridge and there ya go.
Alright, I'd been thinking about getting a BadAss for a while, but never could justify it. Now the time is ripe.

Thanks for the insight guys.