hey, i know this may seem a dumb ass question but can you get a slash tone out of a les paul standard through a vox ad100vt amp? i know alot of people recommend marshall, but, anyhoo

thanks alot
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:
Gain:0
Bass:0
Mid:0
Treble:0
Presence:0
Master Volume:0
You sure can, my friend. Look in the Ultimate Settings thread in GG&A, dial those in, and tweak a bit until you get the sound.
Well I got an Epiphone Les Paul standard and a Voxad30vt which is perfect for that classic setup and it did Slash well. But the shape of his tone will be more dependant on the settings and amp that the combination with the guitar.

But to answer your question yes. Also have you looked into a tube amp?
Either way you'll do really well for his tone.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
ok they do slightly but im referring to the question
If you're thinking of buying the AD100vt, get a valve amp instead, you'll nail the tones you want better, although you could get close-ish with the Vox.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yes, but depending on how much money you have, look to go full tube. I have the 50VT, and the sounds great, and would definitely get Slash's sound...the LP helps of course, especially when you need to lift tree trunks...you already know what they feel like in your hand!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
i already have the vox and im looking at buying a les paul.. so