Page 1 of 2
Obviously, i'm a Gn'R fan...the old Gn'R anyway. There's not much of that agressive attitude in rock now though.

List any agressive rock band aound now that is worth listening to.

I saw vids of the Buckcherry guys jamming with Slash/Duff, though I haven't actually listened to any buckcherry. Any thoughts?
machine head
cant get more agressive than them.....
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
this is tough for me to comment on because i view aggressive to mean a lot of different things, to me a guy with a guitar singing can comeoff as aggressive at times-you know what i mean (ala Bob Dylan's the Hurricain)?

but i guess i'll take it that you want some mean guitar tracks, and angry vocals,

Rage against Machine.
Pearl Jam (at times)
Motor Head
Buckcherry has a few good songs
Stone Temple Pilots (at times)

I'm sure that most of those sudjestions wouldn't fit everyone's description of Aggressive rock, but meh, that's whey everyone gets thier own opinions.
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by Guitarmeister
machine head
cant get more agressive than them.....

Yes you can.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Well,there are different types of agressiveness. Best for me is more the subtile agression as in Tool. If you just scream till your throat is sore and jump in loopings, you can`t impress me.
Quote by Michelangelo193
Old Tool.
seconded
KICK IT!
BEAT IT!
**** IT!
SHOOT! YOU! IN! YOUR! ****ING HEAD!!
Quote by duncang
Yes you can.

Not really. Agressive rock is actually a subgenre of hard rock/metal, and Machine Head pioneered it. Bands like Marduk, on the other hand, are simply heavy. Not agressive. You probably don't catch my drift anyway.

Deftones and Tool's first album are very agressive too.
Listen to Machine head or Tools early stuff
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Quote by HavenSake
Not really. Agressive rock is actually a subgenre of hard rock/metal, and Machine Head pioneered it. Bands like Marduk, on the other hand, are simply heavy. Not agressive. You probably don't catch my drift anyway.

Tools EP is the most aggressive thing they've done. and aggressive rock isnt really a genre....
and believe me, Duncan is right - you can get MUCH more aggressive than Machine Head.
want an example?
THIS is aggression, and thats just for beginners
Quote by Alucard II
Tools EP is the most aggressive thing they've done. and aggressive rock isnt really a genre....
and believe me, Duncan is right - you can get MUCH more aggressive than Machine Head.
want an example?

Decapitation is just run-of-the-mill death metal, they've never had any agressive elements to their music. I'm not sure if you two understand what I'm saying. Aggressive rock can usually be described as "nu-metal", but many hard rock and alternative metal fit that description. Groove metal or thrash metal may be aggressive, because that type of music usually involves one of two really hooky but heavy riffs through the entire song.

Aggressive Rock:
Machine Head-"Davidian"
Slayer-"Raining Blood"
Deftones-"My Own Summer (Shove It)"
Tool-"Sober"
Killswitch Engage-"A Bid Farewell"
Ministry-"N.W.O."
Rage Against the Machine-"Killing in the Name"
Pantera-"Walk"
Alice in Chains"Them Bones"

NOT Aggressive Rock:
Suffocation-"Thrones of Blood"
Cannibal Corpse-"Hammer Smashed Face"
Emperor-"I Am the Black Wizards"
Darkthrone"Transilvanian Hunger"
Immortal-"Battles in the North"
Cattle Decapitation-"The New Dawn"

Etc, etc...
Quote by Michelangelo193
Deftones. Old Tool.

agree fully but add kyuss *you would LOVE them great stoner rock* and queens of the stone age at times *hear songs for the dead and yull see*
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Alucard II
want an example?

YES KICKASS METAL. Thank you man! I am a new decapitated fan and by the way should opeth be considered agressive rock??
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by HavenSake
Decapitation is just run-of-the-mill death metal, they've never had any agressive elements to their music. I'm not sure if you two understand what I'm saying. Aggressive rock can usually be described as "nu-metal", but many hard rock and alternative metal fit that description. Groove metal or thrash metal may be aggressive, because that type of music usually involves one of two really hooky but heavy riffs through the entire song.

Aggressive Rock:
Machine Head-"Davidian"
Slayer-"Raining Blood"
Deftones-"My Own Summer (Shove It)"
Tool-"Sober"
Killswitch Engage-"A Bid Farewell"
Ministry-"N.W.O."
Rage Against the Machine-"Killing in the Name"
Pantera-"Walk"
Alice in Chains"Them Bones"

NOT Aggressive Rock:
Suffocation-"Thrones of Blood"
Cannibal Corpse-"Hammer Smashed Face"
Emperor-"I Am the Black Wizards"
Darkthrone"Transilvanian Hunger"
Immortal-"Battles in the North"
Cattle Decapitation-"The New Dawn"

Etc, etc...
you have a very, VERY strange definition of aggressive. Sober? Them Bones? i get that you're making a distinction between heavy and aggressive, but your take on aggression seems much different than any i've encountered. to go back to that Decap song for example, the "..with no place to hide" riff is packed with aggression.

i'm guessing maybe you're looking for a particular kind of aggression.

Quote by Lukeisonfire
should opeth be considered agressive rock??
i find there to be very little aggression in Opeths music, and i'd class them as more metal than rock, so i wouldn't
Quote by appetite4gnr
Obviously, i'm a Gn'R fan...the old Gn'R anyway. There's not much of that agressive attitude in rock now though.

List any agressive rock band aound now that is worth listening to.

I saw vids of the Buckcherry guys jamming with Slash/Duff, though I haven't actually listened to any buckcherry. Any thoughts?

Check out Nirvana's first album Bleach. It's mostly aggressive sludgy metallic stuff, with some sludgy punk as well (Negative Creep). If it helps, Gn'R asked Nirvana to tour with them twice back in the day...
"I saw vids of the Buckcherry guys jamming with Slash/Duff, though I haven't actually listened to any buckcherry. Any thoughts?"
Link please
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12
Warmoth Strat
Richmond Dorchester
Boss RC-50
Line 6 DL-4
Digitech Whammy 4
Zvex Mastotron
Boss RT-20
^ Buckcherry are really annoying and write really bad lyrics like I mean terrible
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Alucard II
you have a very, VERY strange definition of aggressive. Sober? Them Bones? i get that you're making a distinction between heavy and aggressive, but your take on aggression seems much different than any i've encountered. to go back to that Decap song for example, the "..with no place to hide" riff is packed with aggression.

i'm guessing maybe you're looking for a particular kind of aggression.

i find there to be very little aggression in Opeths music, and i'd class them as more metal than rock, so i wouldn't

Yes, it's a very broad term. "Them Bones" is a stretch, but the intro riff would definately be in the vein of agressive rock.

I think it's more of an attitude and how you interpret the music than a genre of its own.
fair enough. well we're obviously on different pages than each other on this, so i shall say no more, i'll only end up a hinderance
buckcherry are pretty annoying. really cheesy lyrics. "I love the cocaine" is cool tho...
Quote by HavenSake

Machine Head have never pioneered anything in their lives.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by appetite4gnr
buckcherry are pretty annoying. really cheesy lyrics. "I love the cocaine" is cool tho...

90% of buckcherry's stuff is bad, and i mean really bad. but they've got about 4 songs worth listening to.
Cream fan club member #11.
^ All their stuff is annoying. His voice is terrible and the guitarist trys to hard to be slash jsut like the a7x guitarists
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ All their stuff is annoying. His voice is terrible and the guitarist trys to hard to be slash jsut like the a7x guitarists

As much as I hate A7X and metalcore, Zacky Vengeance and Synester Gates are crazy guitarists. Those solos on Bat Country are so ****ing out there.
LOL
^ Nah, not that great. But they definitly do have talent. I just dont like their style and approach.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ ahhh your opinion!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by DownInAHole.
As much as I hate A7X and metalcore, Zacky Vengeance and Synester Gates are crazy guitarists. Those solos on Bat Country are so ****ing out there.
ah the wonders that can be performed in a studio. watch THIS and tell me Synyster Gates is a good guitarist.
Alcie In Chains on Facelift and Dirt.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
^ yeah and defintly on the song sickman and again! Jerry Cantrell just plays bottom heavy riffs and I cant stop loving it!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
.......Godsmack? It's pretty heavy. (the song, not band)
LOL
Last edited by DownInAHole. at Feb 14, 2007,
Fuckin' Obituary!
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Page 1 of 2