hey im looking for a 300-400 pound practice amp that i could use to jam along with a friend occasionally about 20w-30w that can handle hi gain stuff like hard rock/metal.
i guess id like an all tube amp but i dont mind SS or hybrids.
I was going to get a cube 30x for the mesa rectifier settings but thought i could probly get something better for my price range.
help would be much appreciated thanks
www.guitarampkeyboard.com and look at some of the tube amps there, it gives you a rough guide for what to expect

EDIT: try the Marshall DSL401 and the LaneyVC30
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
what? 300 400 pound u meen 30-40 lbs? i dont even think cabs weigh that much, + you shouldnt buy an amp based on weight, neway dont buy a line 6 spider
This space for rent
if you really want to kill someone with power then look at the valveking, i liked it when i tried it, but there are mixed opinions
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
haha guys hes talking about money try a 5150 combo its 120 watts but its a great amp
Stupid luddites, why the hell do you still measure weight with imperial units? Get a real system.

The threadstarter means pounds sterling, the british currency. Stop being so ****ing ignorant. I'm English, I still know other currencies like the dollar and euro and I know how to convert between them.

Anyway on topic, the Laney VC30 is an excellent amp but if you want anything more than classic rock without resorting to pedals take a look at the Marshall DSL401, Ashdown Fallen Angels, Randall RG50TC.
Quote by Axeman99
Stupid luddites, why the hell do you still measure weight with imperial units? Get a real system.

The threadstarter means pounds sterling, the british currency. Stop being so ****ing ignorant. I'm English, I still know other currencies like the dollar and euro and I know how to convert between them.

Anyway on topic, the Laney VC30 is an excellent amp but if you want anything more than classic rock without resorting to pedals take a look at the Marshall DSL401, Ashdown Fallen Angels, Randall RG50TC.

wow u R lyk, So Kewl 4 dissing t3h currncee LOL

since u R t3h Coolz cn u Gib me TR4nsl4tion 2 t3h unreal system/
Quote by spikormikor13
wow u R lyk, So Kewl 4 dissing t3h currncee LOL

since u R t3h Coolz cn u Gib me TR4nsl4tion 2 t3h unreal system/

I'm not trying to be cool, I just get annoyed by ignorant people.

Please stop typing like that, it makes you sound like a simpleton. Which I'm sure you're not, of course.
Quote by Axeman99
I'm not trying to be cool, I just get annoyed by ignorant people.

Please stop typing like that, it makes you sound like a simpleton. Which I'm sure you're not, of course.

noo i aksd u 4 trnalzation 2 unreal currensee! whut = sympleton?
Stop spamming.
And yes, my first thought was "Why the hell does he want a 3-400 lb pound amp!?"
Sure, it's really obvious to you if you live there, but if you're exposed to pounds as a weight unit on a daily basis and you're not exposed to it in monetary terms, the measurement of weight (well, mass actually) is the first thing that comes to mind.
Now chill.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Marshall DSL401 or Ashdown.
The Laney isn't an amp for metal.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The 60 watt Fallen Angel still comes in under budget - best to try them all and see what you like best.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Axeman99

to-****ing-che

ignorant americans. and try out the peavey Valveking. better than the ashdown
hey thanks guys. and as for the currency/weight thing, i was on about currency i would have put the pound symbol but i have an american keyboard and it only has a dollar key.
anyway im gonna try out the marshall dsl and the ashdown if i can get my mitts on one somewhere.might even try the laney LC30II if i get chance.
thanks