can guitar pedals be used with basses?
is it like a bass in a guitar amp?
Holy search bar, batman!

Yes, they can. They generally sound like crap, but not always.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
a lot of the boss pedals are designed for guitar and bass use, but really you're better off buying one that's specifically designed for bass.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
How many times does this question have to be asked?

It's not going to blow up the pedal or your amp or anything....
Usually guitar pedals, especially distortions, kill the low end.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Usually guitar pedals, especially distortions, kill the low end.

Depends on the pedal. Big Muffs (as almost everyone knows) work very well with bass, as do Marshall Guv'nors (evidently) and ProCo Rats.
I use a Digitech Flange that was meant for guitar to get a noice airy sound out of my bass occasionally but it does have a habit of killing your bottom end
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Just buy a pedal for a bass guitar. They aren't that much. Basic distortion and such can be found for under $30 at Guitar Center.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

If I can't masturbate to childrens cartoons then this country isn't great.
i have a digit tech death metal pedal....and i turned mids and lows way up and highs way down and its just an intense sound...like a normal bass sound but alot deeper