How far can you tune down a floyd rose before the tensions breaks or whatever happens? I want to play Downfall by Children of Bodom. It's only a full step down so the tuning would be D-G-C-F-A-D starting from the lowest string. Would that break my guitar?
you would have to balance the bridge again after tuning it down so far but there shouldnt be any damage done.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Maybe I'll just take it to the store. I'm really bad with technical stuff like that. I'll just raise the guitar pro tuning instead of lowering mine.
yea If ur just doing one son u would have to have it setup everytime u change tuning but if u dont use the bar a lot it should work.
That's what I did for a while until I installed my Trem-Setter. Unfortunately, I can't go to standard tuning, but a step down is fine and thats what other guitars are for.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by StrokeMidnight
I have another set...I just don't have the allen wrench

pwn3d x2
Trust me man, don't down tune just for that one song. Find a tuning and stick to it. I'm in Drop C now and it was a real bitch setting the guitar back up again. Sofind a tuning and then pay a tech to do it and then never change out of that tuning. Ever.