I've had an account here for a little bit, but haven't really posted. I thought to come here when the following happened so I could receive some advice...

Yesterday I was playing my Squier strat and everything was going wonderfully until the sound from the amp all the sudden got really muted and quiet. This happened about a week ago as well, so I did what I did last time. What I did was I unscrewed the output jack and made sure there was no short or anything. There wasn't anything wrong either time, but after putting everything back together yesterday I plugged it back into my amp and immediately there was a large buzzing noise, and when I would play some notes, no sound would come out of the amp. I checked with multiple cables and each time it was the same thing. So my first question would be if anybody knows what could be wrong with my guitar.

The other problem comes in where I don't know whether to go out on Saturday and buy a Squier '51 or some used guitar from Guitar Center or Music Go Round. I was trying to save for a Standard Telecaster but I don't have enough money for one yet. So my second question is should I go ahead and buy another guitar for the time being, or should I try getting my Squier fixed? Is my Squier worth investing more money into?

Sorry for the obnoxiously long post, and thanks in advance.
bump
Gear:
Squier Strat
BOSS PH-3 phase shifter
Epiphone Acoustic
Fender FM25 DSP Amplifier
when u unscrewed the jack, were 2 wires connected to the lugs?

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 7, 2007,
the output jack is proll loose... so unscrew it and put lock tight on it (adhesive) and screw it back on...thats what i did...
and i dont like fender....so i would say get a diff. guitar....but if you really want a tele, you should save up
UG's HIPPIE
Nope. There's one wire connected to the lug, but I notice that there are two solder points....Hmmm.
well thats your problem... jj1565 is right....theres two wire that should be connected...do you have a soildering gun/iron?
UG's HIPPIE
i edited in a pic. that's how it's supposed to look.

and the squier 51' is probably the best starter guitar out there now. but, you already have a starter right?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Yeah, I have a Squier strat, and I've been playing for about 2 years. I've only really gotten serious about playing within the past 6 months however. I upgraded to a Fender 25 dsp recently, and I'm looking to upgrade my guitar to something of higher quality in not too long. I'm looking for a pretty versatile guitar as I try to diversify into a lot of different styles. I'm not into shredding nor do I need I guitar suited for one necessarily. Just something suited for rhythm and jazzy/latin/funk type solos. I do have a soldering iron, so I'm assuming it should be a pretty easy repair?
Gear:
Squier Strat
BOSS PH-3 phase shifter
Epiphone Acoustic
5 min fix. u heat the iron. heat the wire, touch it to the lug, add a bit of solder. and take off the iron. it will stay.

and i really think u should just save a little more money. get a MIM tele or strat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Alright. I'll give my best shot fixing it tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate it a ton.
Gear:
Squier Strat
BOSS PH-3 phase shifter
Epiphone Acoustic
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^LAf, thanks
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

If you play electric guitar it really helps if you know how to use a soldering iron. Use google to find a good soldering lesson. Its not hard trust me. If you can play a guitar, you can solder.