Anyone figured out how to make straplocks with household items? Ive used duct tape to tape the strap to the guitar and for my Epi Dot I made these things with duct tape that are kinda hard to explain( they work well)... Ill post a pic...
Anyone else cheap like me?
There are these large bottles of Heineken beer which had a pop off top and a red rubber circle at the top. I used this circle on my strap and it works great.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Nah. I just bought a nice strap that you could barely get thru the strap..holder..ring thing...And it hasnt fell off yet.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Nah. I just bought a nice strap that you could barely get thru the strap..holder..ring thing...And it hasnt fell off yet.

Lol slightly off topic, but wow your avatar is wicked...i want one KoolAid man rocks
Get some steel washers. Unscrew the strap button and put the washers on from the back. Make sure you get washers that are small enough that they can't go over the strap button. You'll also have to put your strap on when the button is unscrewed too. Your strap will never fall off unless the strap button rips out. The only down side is your strap is now on your guitar all the time.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Wrong forum. Go in the Customisation section.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
I used to have this stiff plastic strap. It was so stiff that I actually had to remove the strap button and file it so I could get it on. That mother****er wasn't going anywhere.

The thing I've noticed with most strap buttons are that they're cone shaped. That cone acts like a wedge, opening the hole in the strap to the point where the strap can fall off. I use the Planet Waves end pins, which are shaped like |=|, opposed to the usual > shape. They're about 3 dollars, but totally worth it.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Remove the screws that hold the strap nut things, take off said strap nut things (but hold on to screw), put one large-ish washer on the screw, then the strap, then another similar washer and screw back into guitar/bass. My strap hasn't fallen off in two years and I like to swing my instruments around a bit.
Go get two eyescrews (i think thats what they are called) and screw them in where the old strap buttons were,

^those things

and then get two carabiners and hook them onto your strap. And vuala, strap your carabiners onto the eyescrews and your set.
electrical tape works well..and looks cool.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by last_biscuit
Lol slightly off topic, but wow your avatar is wicked...i want one KoolAid man rocks

Right click it and save it. I dont care. Take it.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by ll anti-hero ll
Go get two eyescrews (i think thats what they are called) and screw them in where the old strap buttons were,

^those things

and then get two carabiners and hook them onto your strap. And vuala, strap your carabiners onto the eyescrews and your set.

Like EVH?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦