Ok, so I need a new guitar and I only have about 4 months to save up..seeing as how my band will be playing in a talent show @ our school..but I only start making money around summer time or spring...so...Do you think a refurbed guitar would be ok..Would it last as long as a new one?..I was looking @ a few sites where the schecter omen 6 was about $240(ZZrounds, and samedaymusic)..does this sound like a good idea?
Don't force yourself to buy a new guitar for a school talent show... they're always pointless and everyone forgets about them a week later. Save up until you can buy something that you really like.
This is my first electric too..forgot to mention that...Ive bn playing one of my friends omens and I really liked it..so I pretty sure this is the guitar I want...I just dont know if buying it refurbished is a good idea or not
Quote by LoG122392
This is my first electric too..forgot to mention that...Ive bn playing one of my friends omens and I really liked it..so I pretty sure this is the guitar I want...I just dont know if buying it refurbished is a good idea or not

If he doesn't use it that often see if you can buy it off him.
Guitars technically last forever, so long as you don't treat it like shit. A used/ refurbished guitar is not going to have the nice new feeling that a new one has, and it won't look the same, but it should play the same. If you're going to buy used, however, I would want to actually play it, not buy it off a website. That said, refurbs are pretty good, so you can't go too wrong.
Not my band, but something you should definitely listen to:
Toast Machine