One local guitar store has it for $595.00 USD. This is a brand new guitar and has "Designed by Kurt Cobain on the back of the headstock. It's in the Daphne Blue color. I don't believe that Fender makes these anymore. The question is, is it worth getting? Just to have that is?
i personally dont like it. but they do still make them its only in the japaness(sp?) cataloge though.
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i personally dont like it. but they do still make them its only in the japaness(sp?) cataloge though.

Really? Can you access that catalog online?
in case you didnt know: Cobain made this guitar after the jaguar and mustang (if you didnt know that...wow...) but anyway..both of htose guitars are poorly designed and constantly go out of tune and dont sound very good....thats what Kurt loved about them..cuz he said he just "fell apon stuff" and it sounded good...so if crappy quality (dont get eme wrong, cobain is my idol....and i love nirvana) is your style, go for it...
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
in case you didnt know: Cobain made this guitar after the jaguar and mustang (if you didnt know that...wow...) but anyway..both of htose guitars are poorly designed and constantly go out of tune and dont sound very good....thats what Kurt loved about them..cuz he said he just "fell apon stuff" and it sounded good...so if crappy quality (dont get eme wrong, cobain is my idol....and i love nirvana) is your style, go for it...

One issue with that. Jaguars and mustangs sound ****ing sweet. Cobain couldn't play. Thats why they sounded like shit. Not to bash the guy though. I love nirvana and his gutiar playing (I've even got a figurine of him on my amp, haha.)

Try it. I hear that you wanna replace the bridge and shit, but its solid.

http://www.jag-stang.com/

That site has some usefull info.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
One issue with that. Jaguars and mustangs sound ****ing sweet. Cobain couldn't play. Thats why they sounded like shit. Not to bash the guy though. I love nirvana and his gutiar playing (I've even got a figurine of him on my amp, haha.)

Try it. I hear that you wanna replace the bridge and shit, but its solid.

http://www.jag-stang.com/

That site has some usefull info.

Thanks for the info.
ehh, id rather get a fender mustang or jaguar.
im a big fan of kurt, but all he did was combine his fav things on each guitar, and it looks soo ugly.
mustang or jag.
Quote by cannibal_animal
ehh, id rather get a fender mustang or jaguar.
im a big fan of kurt, but all he did was combine his fav things on each guitar, and it looks soo ugly.
mustang or jag.

Looks matter? Since when? Feel and sound are all that matters.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
its still almost identicle to either guitars.
and a humbucker. i dont know if its a dimarzio or what, but it doesnt really matter.
well...
if you want to get it because kurt "designed" it...don't do it.
he didn't...well, he didn't finish
so its basically still a prototype and has a lot of things to it that could have done better if kurt hadn't died.

if i were you, i'd still play it, and if you like it and it's in good condition, get it
if not leave it...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The mustang and jaguar poorly designed....Thats one of the dumber things I've heard.

The Jaguar was meant to be fender's top of the line back in the sixties and combined many features that were popular at the time (thats why surf bands ate them up like crazy) but then came the revival of the Les paul and the jaguar fell out of favor and was discontinued until the 90s i belive.

The mustang has a simular story except it was meant as a student guitar and still is of very high quality.

I would have to say I have played both and I find both really amazing sounding instruments.

Curt didn't mix the design because he liked the chaotic noise but because he had a jaguar and liked its features along with the mustang so he combined the two. Not because it sounded awful but because it was what he want.
Last edited by Toucan Sam at Feb 8, 2007,
A friend of mine got one of these a few years ago.

It sounds absolutely beautiful. I was incredibly jealous. If I found one for the same price you were being offered one at I would snap it right up, assuming its in good condition and you like it yourself.

My advice : If you like it, go for it. Play a few other guitars in your price range first, see how it goes, if you still like this one the best, buy it. I was actually looking for one of these on the internets yesterday, from anywhere that would ship to Ireland, but alas, to no avail....even eBay didnt have it !

Good luck anyway
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~

BLASPHOEMY.
-covers her jags ears- (wherever they are...)
My guess is you've never played any of them.

But I do think the jag-stang is the worst looking guitar that has fender slapped on the headstock.
But before they went off the line I did have the chance to play one. Felt beautiful, just like my jag but I think a pup upgrade is in order.
i don't like the looks of the guitar, too ugly for me, i would buy a jaguar and put some dimarzio super distortion in it, to get the nirvana tone
Main Beef: Crappy bridge, crappy wiring, really crappy pickups.

Yeah. Unless you plan on socking another $200 in it to modify the wiring (in reality, you only need one on/off switch -- not two -- and should have the other for pickup selection), get some better pickups (TexMex Strat pup + Duncan-Designed -- not a real Seymour Duncan = tone just one peg above a Squier), and install a Kahler or Floyd Rose, avoid the Jag-Stang at all costs. And, honestly, there isn't much "Jaguar" in the design other than the bass cut out looks a little like a Jag.

Trust me, you can spend that amount of money on something like a Highway 1 Fat Strat or a Cyclone II (Jag pickups, Mustang body, and a better vibrato from the Strat . . . sounds more like a Jag-Stang than the actual Jag-Stang does! how about that!) and not have to worry as much about the hardware. Plus, as a bonus, the Mustang (and other Fender Student and Student-based models) weren't designed for serious players. Hence, they are called student models -- models for the beginning player.

Honestly, don't buy one just because the design was derived from pictures Cobain cut up. Thanks.

And, honestly, try a Cyclone II. It kicks the living crap out of the Rustang/Jag-Twat.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
Last edited by grungefan89 at Feb 21, 2007,