hey guys i just got back from soccer practice and the coach tells us that instead of cutting people from jv, he's going to put 5 or 6 sophmores on what is basically the freshman team and call it the second jv team. the coach told me i dont have much experience and he thinks i should be on that team. to me this is f*cking ridiculous, i didnt get half a chance to show him that i can compete with the other jv teams. do you guys think i should ask him to give me a chance in this scrimmage that is coming up and see what he says, or just quit.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
no one?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by guitarplaya1331
The sophmores will probably get pulled up to play in the first jv team so don't worry about it.

actually no they arent. theyre only taking 18 people to each game, and he said the only time we would be able to play in the other jv game is if they have a really low number of people
Lunatics on pogo sticks
ask to play. then kickass and go jv
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
he hasnt seen me do anything but a few drills and run
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Just play
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
Don't quit, I thought playing was for the love of the game not the title of Varsity or some crap like that.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
go on the other team and own all those freshman nooblets
Quote by zippidyduda
Damn, you are the only august 06'er I know that has a brain! Congratulations!

Quote by SpedGangster
Ohgosh I have to agree with your sig. you really are the august 06er with a brain!

what can i say?

I'm the 100th Spartan
Show him what you got.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
thats just almost insulting to put me on a team that was intended to be for freshman. im not going to be telling people, "ya i play on the freshman team"
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Who cares, would you rather play on the frosh team or sit the bench and watch other sophomores play?
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
thats just almost insulting to put me on a team that was intended to be for freshman. im not going to be telling people, "ya i play on the freshman team"

Well if you're as good as you think that you are, you should be able to tear shit up on that team and get moved up.
If your good at all just play the freshmen team during the scrimmage, then if you dont suck like you claim not to you'll get moved up

edit : ^ bastard -.-
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
thats the thing, hes having 18 players on the jv team. idk if he would let me move up cause of the numbers alone
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
thats the thing, hes having 18 players on the jv team. idk if he would let me move up cause of the numbers alone

Tell him that you will play on the lower team but that you think you deserve another shot. Ask him to watch you play on the other team and reconsider. SOmething like that.....if he's not a dick he'll agree to it.
This sort of thing happened to me my freshman year in football. The American football, not soccer. I played football my freshman year on the j.v. team (we didn't have a freshman team), I played QB at the beginning of the season, but after a few games into the season, the coaches moved me to Tight End, and I did it with no complaints. The thing is, I wasn't getting any playing time at all at QB or TE, even though I knew I was better than the guy starting over me. My parents noticed the same thing I did, and they continually told me about how much better I was than that guy. My dad went to ever practice and watched us, so he kind of knew what he was talking about. Well, we lost about 5 games in a row. After those losses, I decided that I would talk to coach about it. So after one game, I went into the coaches office and had a talk with him. Basically, I just told him that I knew I was better than the guy ahead of me. I told him that I deserved a chance. He said okay, he would give me one. The next game he put me in a few drives, and I ended up getting a few catches at TE and we ended up winning, not because of me or anything, we just won. Anyways, the coach liked what he saw, and I ended up starting a couple of games later, and didn't look back after that. The next season I got moved up to varsity midway through the season, and started every game I was up there at WR.

Anyways, my point is, you won't get a chance unless you talk to coach about it. I was one of those guys who just went about my ways silently, and never complained. I guess I sort of surprised coach with it, and he gave me a chance. You should definitely try to talk to the coach. I mean, come on, you are already thinking about quitting, so the coach can't really do anything bad to you, or worst than kicking you off the team, which you are already thinking about doing. It won't hurt to try it. Basically, get the coach aside and say, "Coach, I think you are making early assumptions about me. I think I can make it on j.v. I want to show you what I can do." Then finish up by asking if you can get a chance in the upcoming scrimmage. Good luck to you.
^exactly....keep a good attitude about everything and you have a great shot at another chance. THe minute you go sour though, you can kiss your chances goodbye.
Are you a part of a "program" or not? I thought soccer was a team sport.

Sometimes you need to pay your dues beforehand... if you put in some time playing with JV#2 and the coach is impressed, and continue to come to practice and improve, you'll get a chance sooner or later. Do you like soccer enough to play it on a lower level for a bit? If not, forget it. If yes, keep working.
Wow! Quit whining! Same thing happened to about 5 sophomores....don't see them posting in forums about it. You have to much pride, humble yourself, play where he puts you and show him what you can do.
Become a goalkeeper

Quote by Shib

The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
wow thanks to you that tried to be helpful, wish i could say the same for the ones being dicks
Lunatics on pogo sticks