Has anyone ever ordered a custom bass from Jackson? If anyone has, can you tell me how they handled the issue, the time it took to complete it, the customer service, etc.? I'm really getting the craving for a King V style bass (5 string, of course) with either a maple fretboard with black sharkfin inlays, or the darkest ebony they can make with pearl sharkfin inlays. Active EMGs, too. Black mono-rail style bridge, Grover tuners, 3 band EQ with an active/passive switch, 18V circuit, etc. Body/Hardware/back of neck will be painted black. Should be nice (if I can afford it). I still haven't found the time to ask about it, or to get a price quote. Thanks for the help!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I've never ordered anything custom from Jackson, but I got a quote on a custom electric guitar once and it was around $4,000 US if I remember right.
Ouch. A 5 string King V bass would be kind of "out there" too, so i bet the price would be pretty high.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Honestly, I think you're better off going with a small luthier. Jackson makes good guitars, but every one of them in the Custom Shop is overcharged by at least 1.5 grand.

If you ask Chris Stambaugh, he'll make you that bass, involve you in each step, and be totally great AND much cheaper. I can see it costing, at a max, 2800, and that's due to the the extremely weird shape and all.
haha