i thought all guitars had a truss rod... i dont see one on my ibanez rg370dx. also, how do i adjust the innotation on it? im looking, and i dont see a screw or anything to adjust it at...
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
On electrics ii is usually under a cap on the headstock.

If this is the guitar you have then the truss rod is under that cap on the headstock. At least it looks like a cap to me in the picture.

Be careful when adjusting it because it can mess your guitar up.
Last edited by dan_plus_o at Feb 7, 2007,
Quote by 812many
i thought all guitars had a truss rod... i dont see one on my ibanez rg370dx. also, how do i adjust the innotation on it? im looking, and i dont see a screw or anything to adjust it at...

Is there somewhere for a small allen key to fit? I'm not sure what kind of bridge you have, and I haven't worked much with FR and Edge/lo-pro bridges, so I can only speculate.

Look for somewhere where a very small allen wrench would fit; that's probably where you adjust the intonation for each saddle.

The truss rod is found under a cover on the headstock, but there should be almost no reason why you would do anything to it.

EDIT: Not all guitars have a truss rod. Classical guitars typically don't have a truss rod, and some very old steel strings don't have truss rods.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
If you want to adjust the intonation then leave the truss rod alone, the intonation screws are the small hex screws in front of the bridge saddles. You won't "see" the truss rod because it's inside the neck, it can be adjusted using the bolt at the headstock under the trapezoid peice of plastic...the cunningly named "truss rod cover"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 7, 2007,
ok, thanks guys. Woops, i didnt know that was a cover. No, im not looking to play with the intonation or the truss rod, i just thought it would be nice to know. thanks! :cheers"
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.