Hi, I'm almost a complete newby to guitars and I want to learn, so I'm going to get my first guitar... so I was wondering if you guys knew of any guitars with good prices.... I was looking around and saw these 2...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_squier_51_electric_guitar?full_sku=519636%2e001%2e063

And...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_squier_bullet_electric_guitar?full_sku=510625.595.069

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.
the '51 is nicer
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
how seriously do you want to play? Do you have a budget limit? If you can spend more, do, unless you just want to fool around and not really play seriously. If you want to be serious and can't spend any more money, the '51 is better.
Quote by jcs5234
if i were you id get someting like this because it is really a slightly better guitar than the other two and you get everything else you need with it:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_squier_strat_pak_with_frontman_15g_electric_guitar?full_sku=102660313

no that is not. the '51 is the best squier out there, it even out does the master series. if you check my sig, it was my last bought guitar, making it my third. tell you something about it? the only prob with it is the bridge rattles a lil.
Quote by jcs5234
if i were you id get someting like this because it is really a slightly better guitar than the other two and you get everything else you need with it:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_squier_strat_pak_with_frontman_15g_electric_guitar?full_sku=102660313

Hmm... that looks nice.. but the guitar in the pack, if I'm not mistaken, is the Squier Bullet, which the '51 is better than? I don't know...

But also, my budget isn't really that high right now... so I was looking for something a little cheaper.
dont get a squier! u will regret it in a few months when u can play ok!! trust me, i did...get something better like an ibanez, they are versatile and easy to play
Quote by ukuleleftw
When is beating your cat not justified?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is almost as stupid as when someone thought there might be a UG warehouse where all the tabs are stored.

July 8th, 2007 @ Wembley - Best day ever
Quote by metal=god
how seriously do you want to play? Do you have a budget limit? If you can spend more, do, unless you just want to fool around and not really play seriously. If you want to be serious and can't spend any more money, the '51 is better.

Well, I really do want to be good and I am serious about doing it. I want to do it because I love music and I want to play... I don't know how serious that is, but my budget is low because of financial status... not because of lack of interest.
You're going to need an amp too, though. That's why a "start pack" is to your advantage.
get an acoustic guitar and learn how to play it first.....you have to check if you really want to play before buyin an electric....or your choice....i dont care
Quote by ENDOFHEARTACHE
get an acoustic guitar and learn how to play it first.....you have to check if you really want to play before buyin an electric....or your choice....i dont care

I actually got interested after seeing my friend playing on his electric guitar. I also played a little and he had an acoustic as well... so I he taught me some things on both of them. That's actually how I got interested, I'm pretty sure I want to do this and I really am determined.
Quote by treefiddey
go with the 51'
but you need an amp too

Yeah, ofcourse. I know that. Just trying to decide on a guitar first, though.
Borrow one of his guitars and play it for a while to make sure you are truly interested. It is a very frustrating instrument in the beginning, especially with barre chords and all. I wouldn't jump in to making a huge money commitment until you are absolutely sure.
Quote by copet
Borrow one of his guitars and play it for a while to make sure you are truly interested. It is a very frustrating instrument in the beginning, especially with barre chords and all. I wouldn't jump in to making a huge money commitment until you are absolutely sure.

Well, I've actually been playing around with his guitars for about a month or 2 and I really do love it. Yes, I do know it's frustrating, but that's never made me give up before. I know I truley do want to learn and I truley do love the guitar.
Quote by broady15
dont get a squier! u will regret it in a few months when u can play ok!! trust me, i did...get something better like an ibanez, they are versatile and easy to play

My Squier held up fine... I'd go with the '51. The packs tend to be shitty, from my experiences. A friend bought one, and it sucked. Just buy the '51 and wait on an amp. At least, that's what I'd do.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by MuffinMan
My Squier held up fine... I'd go with the '51. The packs tend to be shitty, from my experiences. A friend bought one, and it sucked. Just buy the '51 and wait on an amp. At least, that's what I'd do.

That's actually what I was leaning towards doing.
I suggest messin' around on musiciansfriend.com and checking reviews.
someone mentioned an ibanez, Don't get the shred hed pack....I have had it for about a month and a half and am getting ready to purchase an American Strat.. just a heads up
i would actually recommend epiphone sg coz its heaps lighter than a les paul but since your budget is low i would go with the squier '51
Blue! Red! Lime!

< So why's this smiley green and the rest are yellow?
Why does everyone suggest all these sites these days? Have we gotten to lazy to head down to Guitar Center or something and just try shit out? When I got my first (which i still have and use) that's exactly what we did and i got a nice 30watt amp for $120 or somewhere around that cause it was discontinued and it all kicks ass paid about $300 for it all so yeah my guitars not the greatest but hell its my first.